Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS

Post Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:52 pm 

I thought that I would share with you an issue that I just had, and its resolution.
I'm doing this mostly so that, should it happen to someone else, the solution will be here in perpetuity. The other reason is that, lately, the forum resembles ”The Night of the Living Dead" – minus the living. It's been a bit dull around here. So I thought that I would provide some reading material.

My library of music has artwork associated with every track that I have. There are times, when listening to music on my iPhone, that I look at the screen. I enjoy seeing the album-cover of a particular song; it brings back pleasant memories of where and when I first heard the song, its source, etc.

Imagine my surprise, therefore, when listening to an Adele song, the artwork indicated it was from "Bruce Springsteen's Greatest Hits”. Something similar happened three songs later. And when I scrolled down even further, I found that many songs were no longer associated with the correct album - or at least with the correct artwork. Definitely a WTF moment.

So I went to my computer – the source of all of my iTunes tracks – and found that all was in order in that location. In other words, there was no corruption in the original iTunes database. So what was happening?

What I wound up doing is this: I removed all iTunes tracks from my phone by unchecking ”Sync Music”– then clicking ”Apply”. I then clicked ”Sync” just for good measure. I then rechecked ”Sync Music”, and then ”Apply” and ”Sync” .

And Bob’s your aunt.
Adele is no longer doing duets with The Boss.

Board index » iPad/iPhone/Watch/iPod Touch/iOS