[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:49 pm 

I watched that BBC4 programme about blood. Not that remarkable as an event but all the scientific types seemed to have Apple computers. There's usually a Dell or HP in the mix somewhere.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:18 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:38 pm 

^ I get it done tomorrow morning. I had to wait for a day when there was a courtesy car available. They say allow four to six hours (what, from a flash stick?). I'll report back after I've had it a while. I'm not expecting great things but the icon was there, just not live, as the full software wasn't available at time of manufacture (they said).

I have managed to link the car to my home wifi so it gets traffic updates while I'm in range (getting out of the garage) and also to the iPhone's hot spot, for updates on the go.

It was never like this when I was a lad ;)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:04 am 

Well, after leaving the car there for 3.5 hours, it was "updated". In the meanwhile, I had been reading how to connect the iPhone. Settings > General > Carplay ... but no option. More online searching and nothing. OK, thought I, maybe I need to plug it in, so tried that at the garage. Nothing. Got it home and more searching ... I'd turned Carplay off in Restrictions D'oh! It now connects and shows stuff but as yet, I have to travel to try it. That won't be today but at least it is there.

I was told when I bought the car that Carplay would be available later. The icon was grey. It was grey before I got it working. I wonder if it was already active. I'll never know because of Restrictions.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:45 am 

I did have a quick try of Apple Carplay. I selected an album but it didn't start to play. I tapped the first track and it started, then cut to DAB radio, then back to Carplay for a couple of minutes and then back to DAB. Which is, as the French say, bolleaux. I'll really need a longer journey before I go back to Kia and complain.

On another note, the local Homebase has closed. I didn't see anything about it when I was in there a few days ago. The next nearest one is further, on busier roads and tucked away where decent humans don't go. So B&Q only from now.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:11 am 

I had a longer run today. Carplay started playing music straight off even though I didn't ask it. That might have been a "pick up from where you left off" feature so this time I had it paused before I quit. It may be a dodgy cable that caused the intermittent problem as when I touched it by the USB socket, it did the same. Otherwise, it played fine. I did start Maps to see what would happen. Basically I just saw like graph paper for five minutes: no map at all. Hmmm.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:20 pm 

I wonder if Maps works from a data connection?. If it does, I assume loading would depend on the strength of that connection.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:33 pm 

When I got home and had b all else to do, I did review the iPhone Settings > Mobile Data and under the Use Mobile Data For, I did have Maps off. I have reviewed all the settings and will try again. I have Roaming off for now. I'm OK with it using 4G (as if that's prevalent here :D) as I have 4gig of data and hardly scratch it. Maybe the car will start sucking some data now it seems to be getting there.

I'm not sure I'd want to use Maps over the satnav but as far as I can see, it is either Carplay or the supplied Nav/entertainment. I'll dig out the manual when I cba. I'm a bloke and reading the manual is defeatist.

You could almost split off the last 7 posts to a Carplay thread as I've droned on more that imagined.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:56 am 

Just had to setup 2 step verification and create an app specific password to use mail on a G4 powermac. :evil:

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:22 pm 

I have been having irritating problems with my VM TiVo box. I re-joined VM in December. Since then, doing anything was been slow. iPlayer buffered all the time. It has been replaced twice with no improvement. They also just reset themselves randomly while I was watching. The engineer swapped it out for a V6 for no charge. He OK'd this with VM first. I'd have been happy with a working TiVo but hey, I got a break. So far it has been snappy. Maybe that will change as memory gets used.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:23 pm 

I was told that turning off the suggestions that TiVo makes would speed my box up. Told them it had been turned off the day the box was installed. 'Oh' was their answer.

TiVo is slow compared to the Samsung V+HD box I had before. Sometimes wish I had never changed.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:10 pm 

I found the TiVo got worse over time and never recovered.

They told me to clear Help & Settings > Clean or Reset TiVo box > Clear Thumb Ratings & Suggestions but that didn't do anything. Like you, suggestions can go f themselves, let alone actually get recorded. I don't even like the thumbs up/down.

The Sky Q I tried out last year when the TiVo got too much was great, except the continual sound dropouts and no signal during rain. I had to cancel early because they couldn't fix the sound. I should check online and see if they made progress as I wasn't the only irate customer.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:32 am 

The V6 is fast and has a good picture.

I just ordered a cold frame for the garden. I actually remembered the Affiliate link this time. I should apologise for all the pennies missed out on over the last year. I'll try and use it more often (famous last words).

Post Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:14 pm 

I bought a game in the Steam Summer Sale. 85% off and under a fiver. That'll keep me going for a while. It is still more than Steam's full price in the App Store. I'll try really hard to avoid the walkthroughs. Sometimes I need a hint.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:26 am 

It was my birthday yesterday. I got a load of cash which I think will be put towards a DJI Spark.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317, 318 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch