[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you watching?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:36 pm 

@Highmac - I know how to use Google too! :-) I was just hoping Bob could open up a bit, that's all.
Time zone irrelevant.

@Forum - The forum seems to be much snappier now, touch wood! Thanks James.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:06 pm 

Genius

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:44 pm 

Best heard on headphones or the big speakers, I guess.

EDIT: just found out, they are selling it on DVD and Bluray

If you liked that, there's also this.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:08 pm 

Sound City-Dave Grohl uncovers stories about the Los Angeles studio Sound City, where some of the greatest rock albums of all time were perfected and recorded.

Epic 1¾ hours - I almost didn't bother watching this, but I'm damn glad I did. How to make music the real way.
(Was on) BBC 4, now available on iPlayer.

"We got it on 2 inch tape, down in Sound City"

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:27 pm 

Recorded, but not watched yet. Nearly didn't, after Steve Wright recommended it... :lol:

If you want to download and keep, try the free for OS X 10.7 or later. Also downloads from iTV Catchup.

In Prefs you can decide whether you want it toload it into iTunes for viewing on AppleTV.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:26 pm 

They've done it again on Dr Who. No idea what's going on as I can't hear the mumbled dialogue behind the constant foreground music. Not that it matters I suppose, I'm only watching this series for the sake of completion.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:50 am 

Just discovered C4 is rerunning 3rd Rock From the Sun. The family of aliens are trying to evade taxes...

I'd forgotten just how screwball-funny it was (is!). Today's episodes were from series 4, but seemed as stupidly funny as in earlier ones.

Either get up early, or set to record :D

Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:58 pm 

Set to record!

Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:09 pm 

Tina Turner in Barcelona 1990. Where did she get that much energy…?

Over an hour so far and belting out Simply the Best… Sky Arts.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:51 pm 

Just finished watching Wild Isles - a Sir David documentary about the British Isles.
Wonderful.

Post Posted: Fri May 05, 2023 6:03 pm 

There's something I know I won't be watching this weekend and probably days after. That thing the News has been yakking on about for days GAHH! I am not averse to the Monarchy but I do not give a (and to be polite) hoot about it.

That's going to be a lot of ignoring. I've been saving recorded stuff and I have plenty of streaming services to access with things I intend to watch.

For those who enjoy such pageantry, well I hope you enjoy it all. TV isn't just for me after all.

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2023 3:13 pm 

I saw the last coronation. It would be very similar this time, but with a new cast :D

Just think - only one channel on a 9-inch black and white TV. Our family didn't have a TV, it was a well-off neighbour who invited all the nearby kids.

Post Posted: Sat May 06, 2023 6:18 pm 

HighMac, same thing over here, got to see the King, (Elvis), on the neighborhood TV, but had to stand outside the demand was so heavy!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:00 pm 

If you didn't see documentary Vicky McClure: My Grandad's War last night, I recommend catching it on ITV-X. The big difference from most of such programmes was that 97-year-old Grandad was alive, sharp and walking with Vicky. He had signed up for the Navy in 1942 and spent D-Day as signalman on the bridge of a landing craft.

And Vicky re-enacted by wearing a wartime soldier's uniform ("very scratchy") and, holding a rifle above her head, walking into the sea up almost to her chin. She accepted that she had it relatively easy with a warm day that did not match the cold, rough seas met by the troops. And nobody was shooting at her.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:18 pm 

Restarted watching Battlestat Galactica from 2004. I had watched a few episodes from season 1 before but decided to rewatch as I couldn't remember what had happened.

Also started watching Ted Lasso, Reacher and Falcon & The Winter Soldier.

Yep I'm watching too much at the same time.

Board index » Couch