[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Thank Count?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you like to see how many times members have been thanked?
Poll ended at Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm
Yes 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 22

Post subject: Re: Thank Count?
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:57 am 

As I mentioned, I saw it added as a button on an different board and the purpose was to save the endless re-quoting of a post just to say that you agreed with it or liked it.

You just clicked the thanks.

We should give it a go, see how it pans out

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:09 am 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:41 am 

I voted no because I think it cheapens the whole aspect. If someone genuinely wants to thank a fellow poster for something then it is quite easy to type it in. The risk will be that it becomes a tool for mutual back slapping! (You've no need to thank me for this)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:17 am 

Post Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:46 am 

:lol: :lol:

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:07 am 

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 am 

No offense taken Migs, I was trying but obviously failed to be ironic !

The whole thing reminds me of the star collections the menial workers in mcdonalds have been made to display over the years.

In the spirit of 'it's better to give than receive' I'm in the process of thanking all the posters I can :P :roll:

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:10 pm 

You'll need to change your name to Aarvark, Mike!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:22 pm 

"It's the thanks or nothing I'm afraid."
No, thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:43 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:50 pm 
Site Admin

Bare in mind the question is not if the "thanks" system will be kept, just how it is shown; as it is now or a thank count under the member info in each post.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:06 pm 

I've found using the current system very useful for marking photos I like in the photos thread. It's quick and easy and let's people know if you like the pic or not.

On the other hand, having the names show could be a bit "we're all pals together" -ish but then in reality people do group together in little clicques so this just shows who they are.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:45 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Couch