[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Football Thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Thread
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:11 pm 

If I was betting my money on the match tomorrow, I'd put it on an Italy win. I'd go 3-1 if pushed for a score. The Italians drop if anyone gets near so they'll be rolling in free kicks rather than real agony.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:32 pm 

Who knows... I for one am enjoying the lack of neutrality I usually have in a heavyweight football final.

Here's looking forward to an England win.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:02 pm 

Bugger.

It was always going to be tough against a team who haven’t lost for over 30 games but England retreated into a defensive mindset far too early and paid the price.

Really poor penalties which is something England need to get through.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:06 am 

It is one thing to have a penalty saved and another to be off target.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:12 am 

I have been watching Ted Lasso on TV+.

This is the premise (copied from another site) - "Apple TV+’s Ted Lasso tells the story of a relentlessly optimistic and folksy American college football coach, who — though he’s totally unqualified — is hired to manage an English Premiere League football team".

What is irking me is that he has no FA "badges". Nor does the American coach he brought with him. Nor does the kit boy he promoted to coach. Nor does the ex-player who just joined the coaching staff. You have to have advanced qualifications to manage a professional team.

I feel the American showrunner (Bill Lawrence) really lacks a fundamental knowledge of football in general.

Still, I'll keep watching for character Roy Kent's language.

On a proper football note, I had a below average Fantasy Football score last week. I should have stuck with my draft team rather than the one I put in. I believe "d'oh!" is the word I'm looking for, with a few Roy Kent type embellishments.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:43 am 

I'm not thrilled about Ronaldo returning. I see him as an ego and serial diver. If he stops being "professional" on the latter then he can love himself all he likes.

Others will be pleased he's back: probably those pro Man U.

Both valid opinions.

Either way, I have never liked Man U at any level, but that is an aside to the above.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 am 

Yeah... but this is the height of enjoyable novelty. Yes?

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:56 pm 

Refreshing to see female ref and assistants in charge at the Andorra/England match. Never been a reason why not imo. Sian Massey-Ellis has officiated as an assistant in the Premier League, of course. Anyway, ramble over.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:37 am 

When I was a Referee Secretary for a local youth league, some of the best referees I had were young girls. It's just a shame they gave it up because of the poor behaviour of some of the coaching staff and parents - but that's another problem entirely.

And to be honest, I don't think professional footballers care whether a referee is male or female, just whether they are competent - which can't be said for a lot of Premier League referees.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:41 pm 

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:12 am 

TBH I lost interest when England went out of the tournament. Didn't watch another Euro 2020 match after that ;) :D

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:34 pm 

I just watched the ARS v MCI game. In my opinion, worst collective officiating ever. Well it can't literally be 'ever' but you know what I mean. Jeff Albertson* would probably agree.

* Comic Book Guy.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:10 pm 

At least you had football. Celtic sh*t it to play us so only the SPFL don’t have football games to play as the they brought forward the winter break. Then they tell us because of this there is no room to postpone any other games.

SPFL the laughing stock of world football.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:38 pm 

I know Chelsea is up for sale, but regardless, I see their kit is blue with a yellow stripe. Is that irony?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:20 pm 

I watched the England game last night. I thought James, Phillips (I think it was him) and Maguire were especially poor but the whole team looked sluggish. Not surprised they lost. You can't win them all, even when in form, which they clearly were not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Board index » Couch