[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Football Thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Thread
 Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:18 pm 

I can't help feeling that Boreham Wood were swizzed out of a win when in the last minute of full time they had a player wrestled to the ground in the County penalty area. I'm neutral on the outcome and so am not ranting. All the same, the commentators and playback suggested the same. You don't get VAR at that level.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:59 pm 

I'm no lipreader but I think Walker just sang "Queen" in the National Anthem. I'm not saying bad him as I expect I'd slip too after all my decades of EiiR. Could easily be wrong.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:05 pm 

I don't think England were particularly good. Potential, yes, but they didn't have many ideas.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:09 am 

Average performance from England. Did enough not to lose, not enough to win.

Scotland will probably be a harder test, just hope that the England players realise that a win is the only result England fans expect against them.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:37 am 

Good win for England, scoring four goals in the process. You could see Scotland thought they had a decent chance to win the game but they were outclassed by a superb performance by Bellingham and others.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:49 pm 

Yes, England were better than when vs Ukraine. Had they played like that a few days ago they might have won that game.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:00 pm 

Wolves are giving Liverpool a good slapping at the moment (30 mins in). I hope Jonah is watching.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:30 pm 

^ The proverbial "game of two halves". I wasn't expecting Liverpool to get three back based on their first half.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:24 pm 

I wasn't watching. I knew the second half would be a car crash for Wolves. I'm not surprised by the result. The season will end in relegation for Wolves.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:16 pm 

Miracles do happen. Wolves beat Man City 2-1 today.

Still think that relegation will happen though.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:15 pm 

England did a good job on Italy last night. After the recent wins, they are bound to have a bad spell. I suppose that will be just in time for the Euros.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:46 pm 

Either Malta were good or England were poor. Or the officials were a bit crap. After the two disallowed "penalties", I thought there was no VAR. Seems there was when it was time to disallow the Englad 3rd goal (and I am not disputing that but the fouls before). I'll have to go for poor England.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:53 pm 

Nice to see WEST HAM doing well :)

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:10 pm 

No it's not.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:11 pm 

Quote - Fifa president Gianni Infantino has called for the implementation of an automatic forfeit of games for teams whose fans commit racist abuse.

Which means people could go to matches posing as opposition supporters and being "unpleasant". Well it is how my mind sees it. Sure I see the thinking but it doesn't seem to be a simple matter.

P.S. West Ham blew it just now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Board index » Couch