[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Football Thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Thread
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:08 pm 

Re. the new law for the case where the ball hits the ref and the other team gain possession. I saw this happen twice today and the uncontested drop ball was duly awarded. I suspect there will come a time where this could be deliberately engineered to gain a virtual free kick when attacking. I can't see why this needed changing, but time will tell.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:51 pm 

David Duckenfield acquitted.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:49 pm 

Apologies.

Last edited by BDAqua on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:35 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:51 pm 

Thanks for correcting me.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by BDAqua on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:05 pm 

Closure.
Just a word? Just a concept? Perhaps it doesn't even exist. But if there was one chance in a million that it does, it is being denied to the Liverpool fans, the victims, and their loved ones. They haven't gotten it yet, and, for sure, they never will after this latest development.

It isn't only the deaths. It's the lies. They seem to live forever.

Your post, BDAqua, did seem insensitive. The Hillsborough disaster, 30 years on, is a sensitive issue in the UK. And rightly so.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:03 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:24 am 

I stand corrected.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:57 am 

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:11 pm 

And a result : Chelsea 0-1 West Ham

COYI

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm 

Interesting that this season Amazon Prime has bagged a few weeks of Premier League games. Lucky I have that (looking forward to The Grand Tour next week but that is way off topic). I have BT Sport via VM and Sky Sports with a Now TV deal so I see quite a few matches. Amazon is good quality: I'm not sure in what resolution they are streaming. BT is 4K but Now is a weedy 720 and isn't ideal, suffering some motion blur (better than nothing and could be my TV, to be fair) and cheaper than VM can supply it.

--edit-- Amazon is 4K and no motion blur.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:59 pm 

Just watched Wolves comfortably beat West Ham 2-0 on Amazon Prime Video.

Watched on my iMac as I am working late catching up with work.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:31 pm 

I don't know if Jonah watched the Liverpool/Wolves game but it was some if the poorest refereeing I've seen in a while. Well, my opinion. Both teams affected. VAR slow to report.

As a neutral, I wanted Salah and/or Mané to score loads and Wolves get 0, but only because it would be the better outcome for my Fantasy team.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:39 pm 

At least you have VAR. rangers have suffer massively from very bad referring in the last 2 old firm games. 3 weeks ago in the cup final 3 Celtic players where in an offside position when they scored on their only shot on goal. Today the ball hit off their players hand for their goal. Luckily this time we scored twice.

We also had to put up with that idiot Andy walker gloating that in England it was be disallowed but we don’t have VAR so it stands.

Gary.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:06 pm 

VAR is currently causing more problems than it is solving. The four goals disallowed this weekend for an armpit or a toe being offside is just ridiculous.

As for players being in an offside position. It is not actually an offence to be in an offside position but it becomes an offence when the player interferes with play.

During the Liverpool Wolves coverage, Sky reported that 22 goals so far this season have been lost to (in their words) 'marginal' offside decisions by VAR. I wonder how many goals were incorrectly ruled out for players being offside by the linesman last season? And how many were actually scored by a player who was actually offside but not seen by the linesman?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 34  Next

Board index » Couch