[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Football Thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Thread
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:57 pm 

Come on you R's.

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:20 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 am 

We're on the UP. Beating Derby and Forest in consecutive home games, and dominating whilst doing so. Did anyone else watch LCFC v Forest on Monday night?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:08 pm 

Really disappointed that Russia have won the right to host the World Cup in 2018.

And then to top it off, Qatar get to host it in 2022. What a stupid decision. How are players supposed to perform in temperatures which reach 115ºF in June when the World Cup is held?

FIFA are corrupt right to the core.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:12 pm 

14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:07 am 

I watched both Question Time and This Week both of which had more than one person saying that since England 'only got two votes' the timing of the BBC program couldn't have made any difference to whether England would have won or not. Poppycock. They only got 2 votes after the BBC program was shown because so many delegates didn't like themselves or their colleagues being 'outed'.

One of the people on one of the BBC shows said that the Head Honcho reminded the delegates about the 'bad media' immediately before the vote was held, just to let them know which way NOT to vote.

As for giving it to the country with the biggest corruption problem out of all of the bids, well, that's just cocking snoots at anyone who thinks corruption is undesirable: clearly FIFA love it, just like they love unlikely results in World Cup matches with referees favouring one side over another and disallowing goals that video repeats would clearly show to have been scored. If there's betting corruption in cricket, why not also in football?

Edit
Is it normal to select the next TWO World Cups in one meeting? I thought they always restricted the choice to one? Is it possible the committee are stepping down soon and wanted a nice double Golden Handshake in a brown envelope as a leaving present?

I hope they all get done for tax fraud. Now that is something that not even Switzerland's Bank Secrecy protects individuals from - it's the only reason for bank secrecy to be legally broken. Unfortunately, because FIFA is an "International Organisation" the members don't pay any income tax IIRC.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:15 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:27 pm 

14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop

Post Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:24 pm 

But Watford did play well enough for Warnock to thank Paddy Kenny for keeping the score respectable. Thought that was very honest of him.

Wolves have a must-win derby tomorrow against Birmingham.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:30 pm 

Although a good result, I was disappointed Watford won, I wanted us to be the first team to beat you on Saturday ;)

Either way, should be a cracking game on Saturday. We are the form team but our home record isn't great, and QPR will be looking to bounce back. Our defence is shocking, but luckily we have the attack to score 4 if we concede 3. A win for us could put us in the top 2, breathing down your necks. Should be a near 30k crowd too. Bring it on!

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:26 pm 

Morrisons instruct Swiss lawyers regarding FIFA's decision to award the 2018 World Cup to Russia.

More reason to shop there... :D

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:10 am 

Liverpool 0 Wolves 1

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:28 am 

Post Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:29 pm 

It's looking good for Wolf with 10 mins to go Wolves have just moved above Villa and out of the bottom 3.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:59 am 

Wolves 1 Chelsea 0

And before anyone asks, yes I am ignoring the Wigan and West Ham games.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 34  Next

Board index » Couch