[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Football Thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Thread
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:06 pm 

I'm surprised that the Hillsborough jury verdict has gone unmentioned here.
It certainly seems like big (football and other) news.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:43 pm 

It's absolutely massive news. It shows the South Yorkshire Police, media and government all lied about the truth of the disaster.

piece of writing is very sobering indeed and show just how much was covered up and fabricated especially by SWP.

All those who responsible need to be brought to account for their actions but I wouldn't be surprised if the C(an't) P(rosecute) S(hit) do nothing about it.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:53 pm 

I won't be surprised - but will be disappointed - if "nothing" - in the way of prosecutions - comes of it.
I spent much of last evening reading/watching the reports of the outcome.

I know that the story is massive. I was very touched by it.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:10 pm 

And did The Sun say sorry? Did it f***

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:18 pm 

I read that they did, indeed - but I think that that was long ago.
Too little, too late - doesn't even begin...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:14 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:13 am 

Aside from the bad policing and cover up, someone should be held accountable (and fined or imprisoned ) for the amount of money that has been spent on the inquests that would not have been necessary if the truth was told in the beginning.

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:43 am 

Eleven minutes long, full of emotion.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:39 pm 

Anyone (not) rooting for Leicester City tomorrow to take it?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:21 pm 

Spurs fans. Derby fans. Forest fans. Coventry fans.

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:45 am 

Hoping Leicester win through - a former colleague (a really great bloke and a very skilled journalist) who died last month was a lifelong fan and would have been over the moon. He was 70 when he died from complications following surgery. Somehow a Leicester victory would seem fitting.

Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:33 am 

Hillsborough: a survivor's story

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:48 am 

Thank you BBW. I read that from beginning to end, and recommend it.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:10 pm 

Does anyone else do the Premier League Fantasy Football thing? The new season has just opened for entries.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:42 pm 

I don't. I've never been any good at predicting anything so I just don't. It's better for my sanity as it takes enough of a battering being a Wolves fan :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 34  Next

Board index » Couch