[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Football Thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Thread
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:24 pm 

I understand but the person that scored was offside. The thing about being marginally offside is that your offside and so toe or finger it’s offside. Would you rather loss cup to one of your goals being disallowed due to being marginally offside or loss it due to an opponent scoring while he is offside.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:39 am 

It is literally, all, Kicking Off, today (and tomorrow)

A trip to The Medway Priestfield Stadium, Redfern Avenue, Gillingham, for WHU on Sunday

The Football Ground Guide says; 'The Fleur De Lis pub on Gillingham Road, which is around a ten minute walk away from the Priestfield Stadium, has been designated by the local Police as an away fans pub.'

I'll be sat in an arm chair with some Fullers ales at home.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:25 pm 

...well, hardly a giant slaying, two day bloodbath of shock and awe but on we go.

Nice to see our rock 'n rolling Argentinian chum, Zabaleta, get on the score sheet.

And well done Derby County.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:47 pm 

This will be a thrill packed 90 (+) minutes

I will be keeping a weary eye on the MBM report.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:25 am 

I'm torn over this one.. Living as I do on the South Coast.

I have a lot of time for a team that has players called, Duffy, Dunk and Bong.

Any improvement from WHU will be welcome tho'

And a miracle.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:29 am 

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:44 pm 

Wise words young mouse .. A mad match.

Leeds were a mighty force ... I seem to recall a match, in ye olde BW telly days, when a 'B' team were put on and just ran up and down the touch line like magicians.

Played the life out of the opposition.

They wanted the class players for a big game - It just met the regulations of the time.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:22 pm 

West 'aaam are not so good these days. They were my team when I was younger. They were the nearest First Division team and my dad used to go and watch now and again. I have never been to a football match. They could do with a few years in the Championship to think about whether they want to be in the big time like the slackers they are. I suspect that moving from The Boleyn Ground hasn't helped.

I used to be neutral on Leeds but in my mind, they were the first team to kick sh!t out of the opposition and then surround and badger the ref when they gave a foul. I classed them as cheats and that has stuck with me. I was young back then. Norman Hunter was just one. And that Bremner.

My local team are hovering on not getting back into the top six of the Championship. I doubt they'll make it but as long as they finish higher than Cardiff, I'll be OK with that.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:01 pm 

When I started supporting Liverpool (1969) our bitter rivals were Leeds. I know they were long supplanted by 'Stinky' (ManU) but I would - if only for nostalgic reasons - love to see Leeds back in the Premier. I also think that Bielsa is one of the most refreshingly interesting managers of the modern era.

Talking of the old days ... if anyone would like to see one of the most X rated matches (violent tackling, fouls, passions running high, etc), then the FA Cup Final replay 1970 - Leeds and Chelsea - is your game. "...contains scenes that some viewers may find upsetting".

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:41 am 

Well thats Rangers got the Braga rights :) Won both home and away against the highest scoring team in the Europa League. Hopefully we get Copenhagen in the next round lol.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:23 pm 

:cry:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:04 am 

Jonah I heard Wolves will not be traveling for their Europa League tie. TBH ALL sporting events SHOULD be CANCELED. Prevention is better than cure. Why wait till its spread to far before taking preventative measures. We can see from other countries how bad things can get.

Oh and it stops celtic getting 9 in a row lol.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:29 pm 

Wolves are already in Greece. They flew yesterday.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:04 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:24 pm 

Not according to the Celtic chairman and the du des united owner.

Sporting Integrity:

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell says that any extension would threaten the integrity of the competition.

Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson added that an extension would inconvenience his club's supporters.

That’s from 2008 when rangers where on the march to Manchester and had to play something like 4 games in 8 days including the europa cup final.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 34  Next

Board index » Couch