[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Football Thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Thread
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:02 pm 

Oh 'eck the old gold and all that. Yes, you would suffer these days.

I do it to compete in leagues with family and those at my old workplace. Some years I win, others I suck. It gives me something to do.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:36 pm 

I really ought to do it. If I beat my son he'd be mightily annoyed.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:23 pm 

Wolves have new owners. The Fosun Group have bought my famous old club. Steve 'Beetroot Face' Morgan has gone. Jez 'Pie Man' Moxey has gone.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:19 pm 

There's a lot of it about. My adopted team, Swansea City, just sold 60% of shares to some Americans.

What could possibly go wrong?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:42 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:15 am 

I'm not a football fan as such - we've just recently passed the 50th anniversary of the last match I saw from beginning to end ;) - but I'll be interested to see how far our local team, Brackley Town, get in the FA Cup. They won Saturday's game 6-0...

Post Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:37 pm 

England plodded through that Slovenia match. They seemed to prefer giving the ball away rather than do anything clever. I don't think they deserved to win and were probably lucky to get the draw. Having said that, the ref was piss-poor and didn't help matters.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:24 pm 

I'm watching the Cr Pal v Man U match. How much has someone paid the ref? No red card for a dangerous tackle in the first half. Then MU awarded a goal that was handballed on to an offside player. Now MU get fouls for dives. I can deal with teams winning by being better or lucky when it matters but not by help from the blind officials - one of them should have seen events, every other bugger did. (just before posting CP scored which even the ref couldn't wipe out.)

</rant>

#theresmoretolife #swanseaarebeingstuffedagain

++edit++ To be fair, the ref fecked up the other way so the first mistake is now cancelled. Maybe he was looking for a way to square things.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:26 pm 

Have you ever refereed a football match?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:59 am 

Only ones on TV :D

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:08 am 

It's not an easy job at whatever level you do it at. I know, I've refereed lots of matches.

The referee definitely made mistakes in that match, the worst was not sending off the United player for a two-footed-off-the-floor tackle.

The handball for the goal was difficult to see, the offside just as bad although you would expect the AR to see it. Disallowing Mata's goal was extremely poor despite what Howard Webb said about his toe being in an offside position - you would never see that in the match.

Man Utd were the better team on the night although it wasn't a particularly exciting match.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:26 am 

I saw disallowing the goal as making up for the first one that the officials missed two offences. Not that I am condoning refs "correcting" things. Actually, I was just as surprised that the CP players didn't complain at all about the handball or offside. Hopefully the bad tackle will be dealt with later.

Anyhooo, my Fantasy Football team scored 63. I've been having a disastrous season until this week.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:53 pm 

Finally! A clean bl00dy sheet!

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:58 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:48 pm 

Liverpool 1 Wolves 2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 34  Next

Board index » Couch