[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Football Thread
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Football Thread
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:42 am 

This is an unprecedented situation. Anything said previously could/should be irrelevant.

The obvious option is to postpone Euro 2020 until next year and finish all domestic seasons but the logistics of it all is huge. I really don’t know what the best course of action is.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:52 am 

Blimey, an E.L.E for Millionaire Footballers.

How will we survive.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:28 pm 

no one knows how long this will go on and lets face it our europa run starts in July so you might end up with 8 weeks fitting into 4 and if Rangers do proceed further into this season europa cup its only gonna make things worse for the start of next season, so in theory wasting 2 seasons. Just cancel this season. Start next season on the basis of last season.

This will affect Rangers as the Scottish coefficient has drastically improved this season and we will loose those points earned meaning we loose the 2nd place in the champions league qualifiers as of season 21/22.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:32 pm 

As a country in the whole (world even) taking away football, this is where all the millionaires/billionaires need to take a stand and help rebuild our countries as a lot of people will be made unemployed and small/medium business will fold all over the world. I'm sure they will make their money back pretty quickly.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:40 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:48 pm 

Stream Fifa 20.

I wouldn't watch. Neither that nor other so-called e-sport.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:43 pm 

I have no idea what that means.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:58 pm 

What with the football cancelled I now have to talk to my wife. I just found out she's been laid off from Woolworths.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:58 pm 

What? Never heard of the Fifa game franchise? I've not seen it in action but know about these things, being the cool dude .... er ... well I do.

I expect Sep Blatter got a good kick back but obviously I have no proof at all and just made that up (clarified for legal purposes).

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:40 pm 

ah, 'puter games - Not my bailiwick.

I was thinking more of a Super Nerd Computer version, for public broadcast, of something like this...

Harry Enfield - Arsenal('33) Vs Liverpool('91)

A hopeless pipe dream, I admit.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:44 pm 

I'm not a fan of the canned crowd noise being dubbed onto the restarted football. I'm sure there are fans of it. I heard it was taken from the FIFA games to keep it generic. There's no shouts for either team or references to the referee's pedigree or eyesight. There should have been in that first Sheffield United game - how that was missed by the officials and VAR... well I don't know. I hope SU can sue the Hawkeye vendors for monies lost due to the point reduction if it would have affected their final league position.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:16 am 

I just saw the first 'sign in with Apple' button that my brain registered, on the Premier League Fantasy Football site. I had expected it to be prevalent by now. Maybe it is and I just don't go to those other sites.

It is getting harder to manage the Fantasy team. The players seem to have gone off the boil a bit because of the lockdown. Not that I'm a good manager: there are more than a couple of million people above me in the standings.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:56 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:02 pm 

I used to sometimes win the work league before I retired and even had some good years. I did lose once. The wins were mainly due to getting a lucky flying start rather than playing catch-up later.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:42 am 

It seems you can now cheat your way to the top. Manchester City have been let off their financial skullduggery with a fine rather than anything meaningful like a ban. I'm sure they'll find the money for that from their <cough> sponsors. I wonder whether the Premier League will have the balls* to deduct points?

* I saw what I did there, but it was not deliberate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 497 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next

Board index » Couch