[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Motor racing
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Motor racing
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:46 pm 

The BBC will show all race, but not all of them will be live. Most of the races will not be the 'proper' F1 races from Europe, from here they'll show Britain, Belgium, Europe, Spain but not Germany or Italy. Those races not shown live will be shown at 2pm (Asian races eg Australia) or at 5.30pm (eg Monza) as a selected highlights show - you know, the sort where you totally lose track of who is where.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:59 pm 

I've spent an age trying to explain to my 82 year old mother how this seasons races are going to be broadcast. She hasn't got Sky Sports. She's spitting feathers at all these changes, and I'm sure she's still clueless as to who's screening what. I normally print her off a calendar with race times etc, lets see how complicated that is this year. I feel that my phone will be ringing more than usual when the season starts :roll:

White MacBook late 2007 - Snow Leopard iPhone 7 IPod Touch 2 Gen. iPad 6 Gen.
Nikon D5600 on

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:31 am 

Then she should send the BBC and Sky an invoice for all those calls. Even as a joke, the invoice would be a poke in the eye and you never know, it might appear on local news.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:37 pm 

White MacBook late 2007 - Snow Leopard iPhone 7 IPod Touch 2 Gen. iPad 6 Gen.
Nikon D5600 on

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:51 pm 

:lol: Maybe, but you do have to consider your locality... ;-) You can't be far from "Last of the Summer Wine" country. You must have your fair share of Compos and Cleggies I would have thought! :)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 pm 

We are very near Last of the Summer Wine country, and yes, we have loads of Compo and Cleggie types, you just have to go in our local pub :D

Nikon D5600 on

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:26 pm 

Ugly warning... Red Bull have given us a sneak at their 2012 car - though it looks more like an artists' impression to me...

...and it looks suspiciously like there's an air intake in that awful stepped nose. Surely, that can't be allowed in the regulations. Or can it?

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:03 pm 

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:19 pm 

Hmm, yep that's definitely a slit!
:-)

Interesting, I wonder what the FIA will say about that. Though Adrian Newey is usually one step ahead of the rest when it comes to finding grey areas in the regulations!

I'm wondering if this is a double-bluff. It's not a photograph, after all. Wouldn't put it past them.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:33 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:42 am 

I'm missing it this minute and I'm right here.

That slit, if it exists, could be driver cooling - some cars have had slits in the nose for that in the past.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:56 pm 

There's just no way round it. With the exception of the McLaren, the cars are plain plug-ugly. Both the Sauber and the Williams cars are the stand-out pluggers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16872627

Roll on this year's BTCC, its excellent support races and MotoGP. Something pretty to look at in addition to actually being on proper telly.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:01 am 

Turned on the TV this morning and BBC 1 was the channel that first appeared - before I could turn it over, up popped the sports presenter and blabbed the results of F1 Qualifying!!! Not even a warning first, what a tit! Thanks a f'king bunch BBC, that's really appreciated! </sarcasm>

No point watch the highlights now, I can't begin to tell you how annoyed and angry I am right now!!! A snotty email has already been sent to BBC Breakfast, along with a tweet. Oh, well, I can go and do something else this afternoon now.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:53 am 

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:33 pm 

All part of Murdoch's plan to scupper Beeb viewing figures?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Board index » Couch