[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Motor racing
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Motor racing
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:41 pm 

So far as I know this year's MotoGP review hasn't been on telly, but it is available on DVD which is a bit pushy... unless we all blinked and missed it!

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:06 pm 

Just noticed British Superbike Review of the Year is on ITV4 pm January 2 from 19.00 — for two hours :shock:

Post Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:31 pm 

The MotoGP season starts on April 8 with the night race from Quatar.

Nicky Haden is making life difficult for himself. After having his scaphoid bone broken in the pile-up at the last race in Valencia, he's now broken some ribs and a shoulder blade during a training run. Once they start, they just can't stop can they? :)

Suzuki are out of it this year thanks to money woes, which could put some privateers up the field. It'd be somewhat amusing if a privvy finished the season in the top five on a customer Suzuki!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:55 pm 

Okay, so most of the cars will look stupid this year. Not very F1, is it.

Ummmm... yep, I reckon this is the only way to make that stepped nose look reasonable and someone suggested it should be called the 'Caterham Caiman' :)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:34 am 

What an horrendously ugly car.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:30 pm 

Maclaren's 2012 car launched, the MP4-27...

Interesting they've not got the "platipus" nose, I wonder how they got around that little problem? More sloping angle on the nose, perhaps?

EDIT: Extra one for you...

(bigger version )

* Witty statement goes here *

Last edited by MacOS10 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:59 pm 

Yeah, compared it to the 2011 car the schnozz is much more droopy. The Ferrari might be a cross between the two, if the guessing game pictures are on target.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:41 pm 

Can anyone remember when a pig-ugly car has ever been any good? Usually if it looks right, it is right.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:47 am 

Hmm, so Ferrari have launched their 2012 offering today and have gone down the stepped nose route...

Slightly better than the Caterham, but still don't like the look - let's see if it's fast though. If it's fast, then I'm sure the Tiffosi won't mind what the hell it looks like!

Force India have also launched their car, again with the stepped nose - bit more pronounced on theirs...

Interesting that the Force India has a little horizontal winglet protruding out the front of the nose, I wonder if that'll get banned? Have they found a grey area in the wording of the regulations perhaps?!

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 am 

Who knows. In terms of design freedom the entire car's footprint is divided up into boxes which allow some flexibility but twiddling room has been steadily decreasing since the 70s. That little nose wing may just fall within the confines of the 'nose box'. BMW tried something similar several years ago but it really buggered up the driveability. Now, with what looks like the ugliest 24 cars since forever, it might work. :)

I type "ugliest" but I note some of the press are being far too kind by calling them "dramatic". :D

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:47 am 

I really hope McLaren win the drivers and constructors championships as the other cars are just too ugly! Compare those abominations to these...

Jordan 191

Ferrari 641

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:31 pm 

As I will probably be away in some remote cottage during some of the F1 races, does anyone know of a site where they can be watched live?

Poor spellers of the world untie

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:45 pm 

The BBC will be streaming live from a link somewhere on their poorly redesigned F1 pages:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/

And on Sky, apparently "live and uninterrupted":
http://f1.sky.com/f1-coverage

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:55 pm 

Just checked out the your BBC link Lazzo, and it doesn't seem very clear if all the races are covered live online. It seems to suggest that only the races the BBC are screening are available live online, and the rest have some sort of live test update coverage :? Either way I'm still not getting MurdochOvision :x

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:15 pm 

Yep, the BBC will only be showing the races they've got permission for, that's why I included the Sky link. However, I hadn't thought about Sky finding some way of charging internet viewers; maybe it'll be tied to a reciever's PIN number.

Anyway, on Sky days, if you can avoid the sporting results - no doubt BBC news will gleefully give it away - you can watch the races later on the BBC wesbite.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 34  Next

Board index » Couch