[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Motor racing
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Motor racing
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:02 am 

Beware - BBC website has result on front page. Not even via a link!
Seems they are deliberately sabotaging their own replay show.

Last edited by Highmac on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:32 am 

I've always watched replay shows (F1 or football) knowing the result. You just cannot escape it now so I don't try.

The BBC are no longer a major sports channel so it shouldn't surprise you that the website has to have the most up to date information directly on the front page.

Still a pain in the butt though.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 am 

Motor sport on BBC 4 :shock:

Sunday April 1 21.00 - (repeat at 01.10).

However, at the back of my mind there's a feeling this just might be a repeat from a long while ago.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 am 

The same producer, who seems to have a penchant for making motor racing progs, also made Grand Prix: The Killer Years in 2011 so it could be a very recent programme. Though I too have a feeling I've seen something very similar, maybe five or six years ago which I think had Murray Walker as narrator.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:36 am 

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:22 am 

Indeed! Makes for a long days' viewing though, with the support races including the open-wheelers. Which brings me to mention that anyone who can find tomorrow's itinerary is a more patient man than me.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:13 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:36 pm 

Thanks for that, they hide it in the cupboard. There's no Formula Renault this year, they had only six entries! Very telling in money-terms at this level.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:10 pm 

MotoGP restarts on Sunday - live from Qatar 9pm on Eurosport but only a late recording on BBC1 (11.25pm). Has the Beeb done a Sky-F1 type deal and just not bothered to tell anyone? :roll:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:10 pm 

Nah, that's par for the course. :roll:

The first day of BTCC was a cracker for scrap metal fans. Looked like everyone had decided to spend their spare-parts budgets in one go! Plato was cheesily overconfident as usual - attempting to overtake on the grass was only going to end one way. I missed the last race but I'll watch it tonight.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:26 pm 

Yes, the BTCC was fantastic, I missed the first race but the others were great!

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:15 pm 

Okay, I won't watch it tonight, it's not available on the ITV player yet. Contracts, phatooey!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:05 pm 

The highlights are on at about 2.30am tonight/tomorrow (ITV1) if you want to record it :)

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:05 pm 

Missed it. Even with all the viewing options - duh! I can't be bothered now!

Just looked at the BBC F1 website, it's still a grotty design and there appears to be little activity. I get the feeling there are restrictions even on what they can put on the website... well, that is one of the things I'd insist on if I were Sky!

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:51 pm 

MotoGP IS on live - on Freeview Red Button 301....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Board index » Couch