[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Motor racing
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Motor racing
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:01 pm 

Congratulations to the BBC for doing what they do best with Formula 1 - giving away the result. It may only be qualifying, but still.

In the touring cars, what a stonking start to the seaon! Very entertaining and, I should imagine, very expensive for the teams. Rob Collard must in a few drivers' bad books, especially Matt Neal's. :)

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:36 pm 

Saw this in this werk's issue of Autosport. Thought it was too good not to share.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:19 am 

Time to resurrect this thread, now that we also have a MotoGP one?

China GP next weekend - the first live race on the BBC for this season. Be interesting to see if there's any fall-out from the shenanigans between Red Bull team mates at the last race! I expect Mark Webber will toe the corporate line and Vettel will get a pat on the back and told not to do it again (until next time!), but I suspect this one will run for a bit longer.

In the meantime...

Official "RUSH" Trailer (out September):
http://t.co/9bBMK3AjqT

Please, please, let it be as good as this trailer suggests!
Hollywood doesn't have a good track record on Motorsport films, but I'm actually looking forward to this now.

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:18 am 

:)
http://sniffpetrol.com/2013/04/22/butto ... ing-perez/

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:38 am 

RIP 1st May 1994

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:55 pm 

Oh shite, go look at this year's Ferrari F1 car. I can't post an image, my eyes are watering too much...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:47 pm 

Weeeeeeeee!

:lol:

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:14 am 

Exactly the specs the FIA have in mind for Formula 1 in 2016. Safety rules, my arse!

http://tinyurl.com/k2z4a9f

Post Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:47 pm 

Formula 1 returns to Mugello after decades away - this non-Tilke occasional F1 test track looks like a lively, definitely not boring circuit:

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2020/ ... heets.html

Post Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:47 pm 

Gonna be a busy old evening! The Liverpool match is 5.30, then F1 highlights at 7.30, then The Bridge at 9.

Strange old GP last week. Admittedly Lewis did miss the last-second warnings on the left as he was heading off right into the pits, but a) why on earth did that breakdown warrant a safety car and b) why did they "shut" the pit lane anyway? Still, who would ever have predicted a Gasly-Sainz-Stroll 1-2-3!! An accumulator bet on that result and most people could retire on the proceeds. The only path to quicker riches would be to bet on a Vettel podium. :lol:

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:48 am 

Years ago I played a F1 game (I forget the exact title) and my favourite tracks were San Marino and Mugello. Watching the on-board cameras brought back memories of ramming the other cars because I had damage turned off. But mostly the game, and Forza with Mugello, had really good representations. Great fun. I'll be watching the highlights on SkyOne probably over Ch4. Usually Sky shows the first so it is just the habit. I'm too tight to pay for Sky Sports though I did have it via NowTV last season because they threw a cheap 10-month deal when the Premier League was well under way. Cheap is a relative term. More like half price than a real bargain.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:34 pm 

That race was like I was there in my game car :shock: :lol: Plenty of car rebuilding after those incidents. I like to see crashes (without people being hurt) because it is part of the sport's risk, but I'm glad I watched the highlights as that must have been a lot of dead time in the live version.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:13 pm 

I had to watch the highlights on F1.com as I fell asleep during the adverts. However that was a cracker, no wonder it's so popular with bikes and sports cars. Turn 1 must have rails round the outside. Shame Williams lost out, Russell came so close to a point after all the crashes!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:11 am 

Hell of a race. In more dangerous times there might have been fatalities. On the other hand, in more dangerous times Giovannazi perhaps wouldn't have made such a crazy move on one of the restarts.

Turn 1 was brilliant for overtakes on the outside. Great to see that.

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:18 pm 

I was avoiding all news so I could watch the F1 highlights. Some twonk just casually named the winner on the radio so I quickly shut them off before they said anything else. I know I can't blame them but grrr.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 505 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Board index » Couch