[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - The stupid thread...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: The stupid thread...
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Words fail....

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:01 am 

There really is one born every minute!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:01 pm 

Location: MacBook Pro13" 2.2GHz 10.10.2 4GB RAM 500GB WD Hard Drive 10.8.5 + iPhone 6 16GB
Heard about it on the radio this morning. Just showing Darwin at work.

"The Macintosh may only have 10% of the market, but it is clearly the top 10%."
Douglas Adams

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:50 am 

Yes I heard a loud noise last evening and the house shook, but what I didn't do unlike lots of limp brains is phone the emergency services :roll:

"Hello, I just heard a big bang" :lol: :lol:

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:34 am 

iPhone 3G 8gb
iPod video 30gb
iPod photo 30gb
iPod shuffle 2gb

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:45 am 

This is an article from 2007 but I think it has its place in this thread...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... elVKWbMAv0

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:24 am 

Bought one of the Samsung 'Smart' TV's at xmas, nice product, as you know they have iPlayer,Lovefilm,Youtube apps etc.
I have a 40gb limit on my BT broadband and often go over that and get charged an extra £10 a month on top of my monthly charge. I said to my wife I was upgrading to Unlimited as its only £7 a month extra and we would'nt have to think about what we watch etc.
Her answer was "Do you download to watch stuff ? I thought it was all in the TV what we watch " :D :D :D :D

Macbook Pro 2.53 ghz - OSX Yosemite
iPhone 6 64GB (White) Unlocked
iPhone 5 16gb (white) Unlocked
iPhone 3G 16GB
iPad 2 16gb Wi-fi
G4 iMac
iPod photo
Ipod Touch 4g 8gb
iPod Nano 4gb
Apple TV
1961 Vespa VBB150

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:34 am 

In a similar vein, some years ago I had to explain to someone about PAYG phones. He was wondering how I got the coins in.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:20 pm 

A week ago I decided to test the email opt-out for Telegraph Media Group, as their phone calls are a phukin pain and I want evidence prior to further action...

Clicked opt-out link in email - several days later, no effect.

Clicked privacy link in latest email, was treated to several reams of bullshit - and a bloody pop-up. Found an (unlinked) address for doubleclick's cookie removal page.

Went to address and found cookie opt-out link at base of page.

Clicked yet another link and was taken to a twelve-section page full of bullshit and no sign of any "piss off" button but there are links to all sorts of useless legalese crap plus a link to something called an Ads Preferences Manager.

(By now I've kinda forgotten that all I really wanted to do was stop TMG ringing my TMP-protected phones, but what the hell let's carry on...)

I'm now in the Ads Preferences Manager... it wants me to install a bleedin' cookie and presents me with the mind-numbing statement "Opt in to customize your ad preferences and tell Google which interest-based ads you'd prefer to see." Okay, by Thor I'll bite...

Amazing! an opt-out button! *CLICK*... oh, another button appears, "Opt out of customized Google Display Network ads" err yeah, okay *CLICK*. Right then, it seems finally I've opted out.

Hang on, what this "Ads on search" button...

Well, that was fun but not entirely what I started out to do. Sod it, I'll just sic the rozzers on the Telegraph Media Group. :)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:39 am 

He passed the alcohol breath test, but not the dun wit test !

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17829438

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:02 am 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:27 pm 

Belgian lorry driver trying to get round a lane which articulated lorries are not allowed. Yes he got stuck, yes I was behind him, yes I turned round, yes I complained to a police officer who turned up, yes the police officer shrugged his shoulders and said "he's foreign" and yes I was late to my appointment.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:12 am 

You had an APPOINTMENT?? Blimey, you've only been self-employed a couple of months. Well done lad. :)

(Naturally, our British drivers don't get stuck on foreign roads... :) )

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:03 pm 

Heheheheh! Armpit scratching is obviously too cerebral for some of us. A resident had a little surprise when he got home from work - in the process of studding pavements with the pointless expense of iron posts, workmen have embedded a post in the pavement smack in the middle of the resident's driveway entrance, right up against the gates. "It was on the plan..." :)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:17 pm 

Took arthur to a country manor gardens today where we came across this:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next

Board index » Couch