[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:57 pm 

Today I removed the suspect looking sealant around the over bath shower area. I always forget how much of a faff it is getting all the old stuff off. Anyway, job done to the best of my very amateur ability. The test will come tomorrow morning.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 pm 

That's my car booked in for Carplay (and the competitor software) to be activated on the information unit screen thingy, and any other firmware improvements that come with it. I hope it is worth the bother. Four weeks time.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 pm 

We'd been talking about films and both agreed it was time we watched All The President's Men again. Found the DVD and popped it into the player to make sure it still worked. The opening sequence came up with the typewriter being thumped to show the date - June 1, 1972. Exactly 45 years ago today!

Just one of those almost-spooky coincidences... :shock:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:06 pm 

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:17 pm 

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:21 pm 

Yesterday, the door catch on my washing machine went limp and useless but I did manage to get the thing open. While I was out, I called at the Samsung repair centre to get an idea of £ to fix. With call-out, labour and parts, they estimated £185-ish. Flip that. I took the door assembly off and apart and the plastic lever thing had snapped. I ordered a new part - £4.16 + vat (I did stump up for next day delivery). Because the thing had snapped, it was not obvious how it should be assembled. After an hour of squeezing, pressing and cussing, I realised I had it wrong. Five minutes after enlightenment, I had it reassembled. Working. That's £180 to spend on booze, blackjack and hookers. Ah screw the blackjack and hookers.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:23 am 

In case anyone else needs help on washing machines, fridges, etc, I've found the people on the very helpful. It's mainly a trade forum but link goes to the "public support" forum, where I've got friendly, practical help.

Haven't needed it for a while*; as far as I can see, they still don't carry adverts but they do sell spares to help finance the site. Worth bookmarking :)

*Touch wood...

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:44 am 

Oh that is good and the part I bought is much cheaper from them. Maybe I'll get another to have at hand. Mind you, what I paid was pocket money, but still...

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:35 pm 

Found out my business debit card had been compromised last week and £90 was taken from my account by "iTunes".

Bank have been spoken to and money refunded, iTunes spoken to and they will refund the money to the bank, fake iTunes account suspended. All passwords now changed and new debit card ordered.

Really don't know how it happened.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:44 am 

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:46 pm 

I shall be watching the Event in a short while. I see the Apple Store is being updated, so stuff will be announced, as per speculations.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:27 pm 

Lots of shiny stuff. For me, iOS 11 looks interesting, as does the 10.5" iPad Pro.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:20 pm 

This evening, I got fed up with my guitars being a bit dull with dust (I'm not what you'd call house-proud as long as it isn't obvious). I ordered some guitar polish and in the meantime gave them all a jolly good wipe over with a damp microfibre cloth. They look way better already. I'm sure the polish will top the effect off. I may even change some string sets.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:37 pm 

Please excuse my laziness for not starting a thread but I see that 2TB of iCloud has dropped to £6.99pm. Still too much for me and my tight pockets but not bad at all in the grand scheme of paid cloud storage.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:29 am 

And you can share it with your family.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 311, 312, 313, 314, 315, 316, 317 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch