[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:28 pm 

Today was the first collection day for a new refuse collection service implemented by the local council. It’s a new refuse company doing it, apparently they are ‘better value’ than the previous company (i.e. cheaper for the council) and, unsurprisingly our bin has not been emptied.

They appear to have emptied the bins from two roads next to us. They have to drive down our road to get to them so the new company have done a smashing job of making a balls up.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:26 am 

Up very early this morning. Ah well, that's the Everyman crossword done.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:24 am 

Had my car serviced yesterday at the Citroen dealership and as usual I catch the bus up into the city centre to kill some time.
And as always a trip into the Apple Store is a must. I was very tempted in the 15" MacBook Pro as I could do with one for my up coming holiday to process the pictures I’ll be taking. I was surprised when the guy said there was money off them, £100 for the model I was looking at and £150 for the others.
Sounds like there maybe upgrades coming to the range in September?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:33 am 

That is the rumours I've read. I don't need a replacement yet but that touch bar would put me off. Then again, I've only seen it used to show how easy it is to insert a smiley. I don't use many - effectively just the smile and wink. The best smiley/emoji is invoked in Skype Messenger with the code (ttm).

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:27 am 

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:33 pm 

Re. the above - seems Apple just announced the new MBP range.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 am 

I have had my MBPr for three years now. Were I on Windows still, I'd be itching to swap it. It cost near as dang it £2,000 so, as part of the thought process, I wondered what they go for second hand. Swipe me, people want in the range of £1,200 to £1,500. That seems a bit steep to me but that is the asking price on the likes of Gumtree and eBay. They say they are scratched too. Blimey! I'm not actually going to replace it. I had some time to pass and I didn't forget as soon as I opened Duckduckgo to search.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:52 pm 

Leytonstone have blocked off half the roads with something called a "modal filter". They are traps for the unknowing. Without realising, I got into the side roads okay to drop my mate off then drove around in circles for half an hour. Became good friends with the Polish bloke in the corner shop as I drove past every 3-5 minutes or so before getting lucky and finding the way out. Good prices in that corner shop, Egyptian rice £1.99 for 2 kilos.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:49 am 

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:31 pm 

Just a grumble, as we oldies love to do.

I spotted the base of my 2015 MBPr 15" was not restring on the four rubber feet. I opened it and the batteries are swollen. Not very clever for a few days over three years of use. The nearest Apple Store is over fifty miles and not in a convenient town location. The nearest StormForce is closer, but in the opposite direction and in an even more inconveniently located shop. I had a "chat" with Apple Support who said it needed replacing a.s.a.p. but could not tell me how long it would take, even if I had an appointment, so I have no idea if I can plan a morning trek, full day out or if it is a drop off and collect the next day. Gah! I should have bought an iMac.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:09 pm 

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:44 pm 

No AppleCare. It was from John Lewis to get their additional warranty but that has gone. I emailed the nearest Stormfront store to ask how long it would take if I made an appointment through Apple (as you do). I had an acknowledgement but hope to get the information back early next week. I emailed as I'm not panicking.

says a DIY job is 2-3 hours, so that's a morning or afternoon hanging around twiddling body parts that get twiddled. I really do not want to be anywhere just waiting for that long. Then adding on the drive time, parking, other stress... Gah! and double Gah!

--edit-- I do have the original packing.

--edit-- Apple say it is £199 for a new battery. .

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:26 pm 

Contact Darren at and see what he can do for you.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:42 pm 

:tu: Contacted via PM. I'll decide when the other lot get back to me. It is only fair since I asked. Worst case is the battery pops or ignites in the meanwhile. Royal Mail insured and tracked parcels of that weight cost a little under thirty quid. It all adds up :roll:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:30 pm 

I've not played (if that is the correct term in my case) any of my guitars for years. Today I got the Strat, connected it to the MacBook (Apogee Jam 96K) and had a go round some of the amps in GarageBand (to save using my proper one). I'm out of practice but it entertained me, even if the monitor speakers are not the best quality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch