[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 am 

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:53 am 

Thanks. I assumed it had got saved elsewhere.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:56 am 

Yes the boys and girls(level 6 or abover's) over at Apple discussions are keeping it alive.

14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:23 pm 

Was discriminated against today, for the first time knowingly in my life, when applying for a job. Too old was the essence of the rejection. Which I have in writing.

I will be taking that up.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:58 pm 

I met Tim Shaw of Car SOS today.

Post Posted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:49 am 

External hard drive just gone south...taking all my Time Machine back-ups with it. :roll:

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:17 pm 

Leewave was in this area for his work and called at my house this afternoon. Really good to meet him. I can put a face and voice to his posts :)

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:34 pm 

And very good to see you too Louva, (pronounced lochker) we had a nice chat for a couple of hours while I was doing my work ( ;-) ) He's got a nice vinyl record collection and a few guitars and quite a lot of tech stuff! And a brilliant sunny day it was too. Lovely.

My work supervisor said to me last week Dave could you do some work for us in Wales? And I said what is it and I was told and I said well whereabouts in Wales? She said umm… let me have a look, Swansea! Yeah okay that's about as far from Carlisle as you can get while still being in Wales - okay I'm game for that. These are three little reissue jobs - (addresses that a previous interviewer had not been able to succeed at, therefore success rate at second attempt can be quite low, although a successful interview is paid about three times the normal rate) - which have a final date of Sunday, when can you go? And I said well I've got a job in Carlisle at 10 o'clock on Friday so I could leave at 11 o'clock get down there for about five and do a few hours until 9 o'clock on Friday, so you want me to continue into next week then? No, it has to finish on Sunday - right okay so I'll go for a few hours on Friday, then Saturday and Sunday will that work? Yeah that'll be fine okay. So I'm having a little jolly with hotel accommodation provided and a meal allowance for each day for three nights - as it happens it's right next to where Luther lives so why not drop by?

It's going okay, even moderately successful considering the poor prognosis. The larger third job is nowhere near Swansea it's in Haverfordwest so I'm spending the last two nights in Haverfordwest in Pembrokeshire and then I will make a leisurely trip back home on Monday as there are no further commitments for me on that day. But as I'm here I might just as well go home slowly, take a little mini break, so I'll go over to Porthgain and visit the , maybe have a pint and then a walk along the cliff path to walk off the alcohol, which is an area I know well from my childhood. There are old here.

I'll go down to the big sandy beach at the foot of the cliffs at Traeth Llwyn as the tide will be going out in the afternoon, this Monday. I've built sand castles down there once, the best ones had a golf ball track with tunnels built in. It's a great beach for surfing (lying down) - the waves come in from a long way out. Another favourite pastime on that beach to play with my sister or freinds was to lay a meandering trail with a stick with a five minute headstart and hide somewhere at the end of it. Then she had to follow wherever it went! There are some really nice deep rock pools on the southern side. On one occasion I climbed up the grassy bank of the cliff right to the top and gave my mother palpitations.

.......Image..............

Sorry, I digress!

We should try to meet up from time to time - but it always seems so difficult because we are all in different parts of the country, or even the world, but once in awhile it's nice to meet with other folk on the forum, we should do this more often.

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 pm 

So then, the Markle coat of arms has a bird being throttled by a crown while throwing arrows at an angry lion hiding behind a castellated wall.

I'll go away for another year. :)

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:45 am 

Markle - that's the German Chancellor, right? ;)

With all these GDPR emails that I'm sure we in Europe have all been getting and ignoring, it just dawned on me that dear old Apple haven't said anything yet. Maybe they did it early in the two year implementation period before yesterday's deadline, but I don't recall anything.

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:50 am 
Site Admin

They don’t need to, nobody does.
All these “we’ve updated our privacy policy” and/or “re-subscribe to continue receiving our spam” emails just isn’t required under the GDPR.
There is a bandwagon and EVERYONE has jumped onto it.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:05 am 
Site Admin

The reason they are doing it is they may not be sure if you’ve previously opted into their spam emails or not in the past, so are asking now to be sure that they comply.
Even business to business are doing it, which is pointless as GDPR is for personal data only.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:11 am 

This makes you laugh Most of those GDPR emails you’ve been getting are either illegal or unnecessary

https://inews.co.uk/news/technology/gdp ... necessary/

14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:19 pm 

I got Data Rescue 3 in a bundle and had never used it. Yesterday it saved my bacon. I'd unloaded all the pix from an SD card and the card was then cleared. THEN... I found that not all the pix had transferred, one of them one we particularly needed. Remembered DR3 and set it to work on the formatted 64GB card. It took two hours to find the bits and reassemble them but we got the picture back.

And without a certain someone finding out - she doesn't visit this forum

Phew...! :D

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:18 pm 

I watched the developer event. No hardware mentions but I like the look of Mojave (I know some of you won't). Some interesting stuff for iOS 12 and WatchOS 5.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 325, 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch