[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:04 am 

I just found a paper £10 note in my car. I keep a small float of notes and change for car parks, bridge tools, etc. I'm both pleased (hooray) and annoyed (boo) as I'd forgotten it was there (hooray) but it is no longer spendable (boo).

If my bank won't swap it I can send it to Threadneedle Street or just keep it as a curiosity as it is in fairly good condition.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:48 am 

I went to Bath for the weekend. I was at University there in the very early 70s. Met with some student pals. Got to visit an Apple Store, which is a rare treat for me. The roads were more clogged than my arteries going there on Friday but flowed better when coming back.

I seem to be the only person with a mundane life these days. Sorry about that.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:08 am 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:49 am 

:D Not just me then.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:23 pm 
Site Admin

Been rubbing down and painting front windows this weekend.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:38 am 

I 'need' a new office style chair. Since Staples had their hiccup and closed the local branch, I've not been able to try and buy. The chair I have has started wearing out material-wise and some seams may not last much longer. The seat padding has lost depth. The damper collapsed years ago and is being held up by a section of plastic water pipe and jubilee clips. I've found a nice candidate online. Shame it is a gnat's short of £350. <sigh>

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:53 am 

I bought one of in January. I use it for 6-8 hours a day and have found it comfortable and have been very pleased with it.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:35 pm 

^ I saw there is an Office Outlet shop near where Staples used to be. They sell some chairs so I'll probably go there sometime, but not a special journey. Their range on the site is more extensive than in store, from availability notices, but probably worth looking.

Back to mundane - I picked cooking apples in the garden a few days ago. Today I peeled, cut and stewed them. When it all cools, I'll portion it up for freezing. Crumble later in the year. You can't get more mundane than that.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 pm 

This conversation, or something similar, seems to have become standard around London for me. Not every cyclist of course, maybe I'm just a magnet for the dick cyclists with an overdose of extremely misplaced self-entitlement:

Me: "this is a pavement you know" (trying to scrub rubber tyre marks off my trousers)

Cyclist: "You c***, shut ya f****** mouf, f*** you and the f****** pavement, stay out my f****** way ya f****** c***t" (pedalling faster and shouting over his shoulder)

Me: "Ummm..." (as cyclist, busy shouting back at me instead of looking frontwards, discovered that big red lorries are unyielding)

Why? When I was a boy it was a matter of pride to get OFF the f****** pavement and on the f****** road. What happened to that.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:36 pm 

I have been playing with the demo version of Rapidweaver 8 to knock up a quick change to my personal site. It took a bit of head scratching but it does make sense... eventually. I'll polish up the project later but the main outline has been drafted. It gives good and speedy results when you pay attention to the short tutorials.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:53 pm 

I just watched the 'special event'. Now I want a Watch 4 and a X S Max. Without a large lottery win it won't happen any time soon. I can't justify either. I have the 'must have the next thing' bug. Nothing on Macs or iPads.

Still, next Monday for updates to iOS, TVOS and WatchOS and the week after for Mojave. They should keep my update desires down for a while. The Watch does look nice .... :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:49 am 

Just stumbled on , with a most detailed answer to the question "Why Does Airline Baggage Weight Matter?" While common sense gives the obvious answer, this article gives a fascinating insight to the calculations involved in flying an airliner.

It doesn't, however, tell us if Samoa Airlines still weighs its passengers...

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 am 

The boss has booked us all into a team building day at an “Urban Activity Centre” today. Complete with rope ladders, climbing wall, trapeze and a zip wire.

Considering I’m 44, overweight with a dodgy knee and a chronic fear of heights, to say I’m not looking forward to this would be an understatement.
:o :shock:

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:05 am 

Post Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:19 am 

Very likely

* Witty statement goes here *

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch