[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:24 am 

My iTunes library decided to 'lose' all artwork for my films. Only way to get it back is to select a film, get info and press return.

Only 645 films to do...

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:32 pm 

I just saw the hardware compatibility list for 10.14 Mojave which wasn't mentioned at the developer event.

Late 2012 iMac or newer
Early 2015 MacBook or newer
Mid-2012 MacBook Pro or newer
Mid-2012 MacBook Air or newer
Late-2012 Mac Mini or newer
Late 2013 Mac Pro or newer (2010 or newer with Metal-ready GPU)
iMac Pro all models

My two are in there.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:09 pm 

That's me stuck at 10.13 then. I do have a 2010 Mac Pro but not sure about the GPU.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:45 pm 

Seeing as we’ve had a nice spell of fine weather i’ve bought a new pair of shorts. Knowing my luck the weather will change and they’ll be relegated to the bottom of the draw for another year.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:21 am 

Not really something to go on about but I just ordered online from the Store via my MBPr and tried 'pay with Apple Pay' for the first time. I was impressed at how easy it was and that it 'knew' all the details from the card on my iPhone without me intervening or signing in. Yes, I'm simple that way. I'm usually nervous about that kind of thing.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:25 pm 

I was away this weekend. Just before I went, I replaced my iPad. Nothing special in that except it started doing Handoff properly with other kit, like the MBPr where the old one refused to acknowledge anything. Today was the first time since I changed it that my MPRr has slept itself. I sat down and the Watch binged and woke it up without me even thinking it should. I commented elsewhere that I couldn't get it working despite doing everything I should. A nice surprise. I bet the old iPad was somehow interfering with it. It doesn't sound like it would be that but it is too coincidental for my mind. All good things come to those that wait. I'm still waiting for a multi-rollover lottery solo jackpot.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:45 am 

Searching for a software disc I came across a home-made DVD labelled "Backup Disc". Nearly two decades on (as it turned out) I asked myself "...for what?"

It opened up on the 2010 MBP and revealed software from the last century! I think it was from a firm I was working for in 1998/9 that went bust. On it... well Quark 3.3 and 4.0 and many other commercial apps (they were still called programs back then). Most are PPC and, unsurprisingly, show as unusable even in Snow Leopard but I've still got the G3 in the cupboard behind me :twisted:

Could be fun trying to run QXP, Pagemaker or MS Office 98 on a 15in CRT screen. A small hindrance might be the matter of licence details :D

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm 

I bought an iPhone/Watch app five days ago. It does the job. It does it well. However, I want to get a refund as it won't work with the next version of WatchOS, likely just mere months away (there is a warning message on load). Apple have not billed me yet so that is five of fourteen days gone for the claim period. I'm complaining here because then the invoice will turn up tomorrow (by invoking Sod's Law from posting).

Post Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:24 pm 

We have been blessed with some relatively cool weather. Before the light rain, I managed some grass cutting and shrub clipping. Gardening is low on my list of things I enjoy so it is an achievement for me.

After the fresh air, I have several times thought "I'll just search that using Duckduckgo" only to find I haven't a clue what it was after just seconds and a few mouse clicks later. Passing thoughts pass quicker these days. All I remember is that it wasn't in the slightest bit important, so I'm not worrying at all.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:36 am 

I have discovered that the stairs between upstairs and downstairs have remarkable properties. They cause instant forgetfulness. When I think I want to go and get something I may have to use the stairs. Before I've even got halfway down the stairs I haven't got a clue what it was I was going for! So I have to return to where I was before it will re-enter my stupid brain.

I've discovered that the best way to remember it all the way to the bottom is to speak it out loud - then at least you've got it in a different part of your head. I don't think it's Alzheimer's. Although it might be. But I don't think so. Well I hope not! It's just that stairs have a mysterious and magical ability to abolish memory.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:33 am 

Doorways can have the same effect.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:11 am 

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:10 pm 

30-40 years ago, guess how many hours, how many times I spent looking for my keys...

When they were in my other hand all along! :oops:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:59 pm 

:lol: :lol:

iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:28 pm 

You’re never too old to do whatever I just came in here for.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 326, 327, 328, 329, 330, 331, 332 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch