[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:19 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:01 pm 

The Kenwood unit I'm getting has bluetooth connectivity for 2 phones. I read a review were a guy had a i phone and his wife had a Android phone. With the unit being a combined Carplay/ Android auto they could both use their phones ( probably not at the same time ) . It has connections for optional dash cam or parking cam which is something I've not thought about.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:54 am 

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:07 am 

Oh I might try that. I have gunky Head & Shoulders so what about Fairy Liquid? Similar kind of thing and is clear.

Mind you, the amount of hair I have might not warrant me using any shampoo at all :D See my avatar - that's me Simpsonized [sic]. Bald and the rest No1.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:51 am 

Fairy liquid should do it! I don't suppose it has to be clear, it was just my thought at the time to use clear in preference to anything else. I used Johnson's baby shampoo since there was some available. Fairy'll be good.

Instead of the number one, why not go to the Turkish barber and ask them to use the flamethrower stick!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:18 am 

Leewave, point of order, fairy liquid is clear. It does have colour but is definitely clear.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:21 am 

Language hey? Tricky subject. Yes I know it's clear. But I'm sure it doesn't have to be clear for this task - it was just an idea that came to my head at the time! Experimentation is the answer. Just try stuff.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:23 am 

Nice interjection. I took "clear" to mean not full of granular bits as in scrubs.

I don't know anything about Turkish barbers but I don't think that sounds safe, especially on other body hair. Oooch! Watery eye time. I'll try the Fairy after elevenses (which is actually at about ten for me).

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:24 am 

Turkish Singeing: How to Remove Hair with Fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYQ4TcyzSlA

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:29 am 

I think not :D Trimmer and/or razor for me. I kept wanting him to set fire to the customer's head but alas, no. What does that say about my sense of humour?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:00 am 

Language again. How do you describe something properly? That is impossible to answer. It would take forever! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56gzV0od6DU

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:47 am 

I have wiped the sucker with meths and applied a hint of Fairy (other washing up liquids are available). It is now stuck back but is prone to sliding when pressed. Still, if it stays put then I don't mind. I'll be listening for the alarm. On another note, it is good to know that the alarm does detect movement in the car. I keep it in the garage so it shouldn't annoy too many people.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:45 am 

Yep, it'll be slippy at first but give it a day or two and the liquid film will thin out gradually and it will become more secure as the molecules get closer.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:10 pm 

It is still up (ooer, Matron).

I did a search on this problem and some people resort to superglue. Not for me. I might have tried something like Command Strips but wasn't that desperate yet. I do have small Command Strips holding the power cable up the side of the screen and round the passenger foot well.

With all the cameras in the car for reading speed signs (I like that), watching for lane departure (turned off) and reversing, why can't they just record the front and back feeds to a memory card and bundle a dashcam as a feature. I'm sure it wouldn't cost them a lot.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:21 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 314, 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch