[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:11 pm 

The thing is still on the screen, so that's good :)

Today I am a little grumpy with Amazon or it's carrier. I had an email saying that my item would be delivered today. I'm on Prime, but the item was not in stock, so fair enough not next day. But a promise is a promise. I checked the tracking this morning and yes, today. I checked again this afternoon and it was collected from Leicestershire just before 16:00. Unlikely it would be today, then. Later, I get an email. Before Saturday. I'm not tamping, just a bit irked, having waited in. They are allowed to get one wrong now and again, I suppose. Worse things happen at sea and in America.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:09 am 

Apple have failed me. Woe and misery.

Two days ago, I emailed Apple Support a query about Apple Music that I couldn't find an answer for anywhere. The no-reply confirmation email came in at 11:57. "An iTunes Store representative will review your request and should send you a personal response within 48 hours". No response.

It isn't desperate, but I would like an answer.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:24 am 

48 hours UK time or 48 hours California time?

Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:49 am 

I'm assuming that the date/time the no-reply arrived, which equalled my time, is correct. That is about midday here, so 04:00 there. Like I said, I am OK with a bit of overtime. My experience of Apple is that they are prompt, courteous and accurate, which is why I commented. Maybe they are busy or I've stumped them. Who can say? I will chase up next week when I get to it.

Having said that, I know Apple have support staff all round the globe so it isn't really a factor.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:12 am 

I did get a reply which arrived just after 04:00 this morning. It was the blandest load of blurb that was just a copy and paste of URLs. Silly old Jessica Mae, wherever she is based. They made no attempt at answering my one specific question, which is not mentioned in their promotional padding or the many FAQs. I have replied one more time to see if they can actually read and comprehend a simple question. I'm not holding out much hope. Maybe if I email enough, it will become "frequently asked" for real and not what they anticipate might come up.

Ah well, the rest of the day beckons. I need to find some mundane things to pass the time.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:08 am 

Been made redundant for the 6th time.
On the upside at least I know the process well.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:27 am 

That isn't good. Hope there's something out there. Any suitable jobs about?

Re. Apple - She got back to my repeat query within the hour. She answered my question 100% in the end. I thanked her. I knew I'd get there in the end.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 am 

Hi. I haven't looked yet. I work in the public sector and, as they are making me redundant and because of my age, I have to take my pension. I'm not 66 yet (within hailing distance if I were to shout loudly) but as it's a final salary pension they subsidise the pension because of the circumstances. There's also a passable redundancy pay out. Financially it's probably better to take the offer and look for something afterwards. At least that is the plan. Unless they can offer me another position that is. Unlikely given ongoing austerity.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:20 am 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:04 pm 

This weekend I took delivery of a Raspberry Pi. I set it up with Raspbian, then put RetroPie on a different microSD so I can "dual boot". I had a quick go of a SNES game. That took me back to when the kids were small and very small. Good fun and something to occupy me.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:00 pm 

It has been exactly a week since I stuck the dashcam back with a hint washing up liquid on the sucker, as recommended by Leewave. In the interest of not doing a "Julian"*, I'm feeding back that it is still on the screen.

* ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:06 pm 

I was just browsing about looking into Airpods. Apple say there's a six week wait. Apparently, Curry's/PCW can deliver to store for pick up next day. I'll see if they do. I ordered. I just know they'll fall out of my lugs :D

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:36 pm 

You know that great moment when you put on something you've not worn for a while and feel a currency note in your pocket..?

And you take it out of your pocket and find it's a fiver. An old one... :(

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:24 pm 

While they are not legal tender, they are still Bank of England promissory notes and the BoE is obliged to provide five pounds on demand, as per the promise printed thereon. If you can't swap it at a High Street bank or Post Office, send it to Threadneedle Street and demand your five squids.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch