[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:35 pm 

What with Firefox 57 (aka Quantum) coming out and not supporting Classic Theme Restorer, I had to decide on the way to go with my browser of choice. Adjust to a whole new design or stop updating, with potential security issues. Probably not the best plan. I am now acclimatising to Safari. I've got some appropriate extensions, customised the toolbar and logged in to some sites get passwords and stuff into Keychain. So far, so good, although some things will need time to get used to.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:21 pm 

On Sunday I finally plucked up the courage to book next years holiday. I haven't been abroad since 2012 and I was a little nervous in pressing the buy button as it was the big online purchase.

Now to begin the planning.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:51 pm 

I wanted to check something using the Apple site. It has been in the process of being updated for a while. I wasn't expecting anything new. I doubt they'll be dropping any prices. Drat, and double drat. I'll be patient and drink more booze.

--edit-- The next day... down just to put some rubbish offers and xmas graphics then. Nothing worthwhile or of import.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:43 pm 

I didn't see any 'deals' today that were worthy of my cash. There are things I want but don't need. I'd love a 27" iMac but £200 off isn't enough and then I'd have to do something with this MBPr... and so on.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:38 pm 

I'm proud of my daughter. She saved up and bought her first MacBook, an Air. She is doing a transfer from her cheapo* ailing and ageing (it must be at least seven years old) HP laptop. I know my lads won't go the same way as they play too many PC games.

* Yes - cheapo - I bought it for my little princess, so I know. :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:23 am 

That is the car through the first service. I waited while it was done. AirPods in and tunes to the lugs passed time well enough. An old geezeer was also there with a small highland terrier type mutt that was wet and dirty. It smelled so bad I had to wander round the showroom. I assume it was wet dog :lol: The aroma lingered after they left. It hadn't been raining, so I don't know how it was in that condition. Anyhoo I got to see some of the new Kia models in the metal rather than a car magazine. I think my next car should be electric as my journeys are mostly short but they look ugly, so maybe not.

Leewave - so I don't mess up Julian's thread - I couldn't resist the flag comment. Sorry about that. The :P didn't work as I typed a lower case p.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:22 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:37 am 

TVOS updated to 11.2. It totally messed up my icons. I had them tucked away in a group where I wouldn't be bothered by them but nooooo, Apple pulled them all out as if I actually want to see Movies, TV Shows, podcasts or iTunes. How rude of them to undo my housekeeping. Why I oughta...

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:48 pm 

It left Plex alone, which I use several times a week. I'm thankful that other people share with me. I meant Apple wanting me to buy stuff from them ;) Well, I sub to Apple Music but wouldn't buy from them when stuff is cheaper elsewhere.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 am 

Thanks James, I am back in.

My email was suspended by BT a week last Friday. I won't bore you with the number of wasted phone calls to the help line, no call backs, just a lot of "I am really sorry".

In the meantime I did a clean install of my system and lost all my passwords. Amazing how if you let your machine log in automatically remembering the passwords can be a nightmare.

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:48 am 

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:10 am 

I have been meaning to say for a while - using a mere hint washing up liquid on my dashcam's sucker, as suggested by Leewave back in July, has been a success in stopping it fall off the windscreen. It hasn't misbehaved at all.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:21 pm 

My daughter got herself Office 365 a week or so ago. This morning she bunged me an invitation so I got it as a freebie. Finally - having kids is paying off :lol:

I'm not planning on going back to it, but it is now there "just in case". Outlook and OneNote have already gone into Trash and I'm not planning using Skype credits, so I didn't take that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch