Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324 ... 393  Next
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 pm 

Not yet

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:11 pm 

Yes I did, a few days ago. I also had one from Ovo saying that in-credit interest was going up from 3% to 5%, so something good.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 pm 

I'll be leaving virgin, well for my TV as they don't want to give me the V6 box so I will just keep the broadband saving £30 a month.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:28 pm 

I don't know what BB speed you are on but VM won't give a V6 to anyone with less than 100mbps and they prefer more. I only got one because I kept getting the engineers out becasue the TiVo was so slow and the succession of replacements all had hardware faults. The engineer I had last was supposed to put yet another TiVo in but decided it would be better to use a V6. He cleared it with his management first. It has been great but strangely just hung completely this evening. OK on reboot.

I quit VM for TV last June and kept the BB. I had a Sky Q which was great except a) when it rained at any extent I lost the signal and b) there were firmware problems that caused regular sound dropouts from the first day. Sky could not fix b) after six months of updates so I was able to cancel the contract and go back to VM with the above sorry series of TiVos.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:30 pm 

Im on the 200mb speed and I keep complaining about my crappy old tech 7 year old Tivo box being slow and unresponsive. It just falls on deaf ears though. I'm also on the large TV package without the movies or sport.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:14 am 

Same bundle as mine. The clincher was that the supplied TiVos would randomly freeze then just restart. VM said "faulty disk" each time. I was calling them every couple of weeks so they had frequent issues logged. Over a couple of months I had quite a history for them to see and me to rant about.

They say there is a software update coming that will speed things up. It is now months overdue and still no sign. Another reason mine couldn't play iPlayer without constant buffering was that I'm on a "busy part of the network". I said that's your problem, not mine. I pay for the service and it should therefore work. The TiVo uses an internal modem to do iPlayer and so on and that is limited to (I think) 10mbps. The V6 uses your Broadband for the same so is quicker. That's why you can't have a V6 on the slower BB. I like the near instant response to a button press over the really painfully slow TiVo. Get logging the call history ;)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:04 pm 

Today I ordered a new router. The wifi on this one keeps collapsing and now has a low signal. It wasn't always so weak. I don't know what's up so I'm taking the easy option. I hope the new one sorts things.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:40 am 

Here's mundane. I received the sink tidy I ordered.

Then I bagged up some old brewing pressure barrels that have needed to go for the last 25 years or so. I used to make beer from malt grains and hops - proper stuff, not kits. As good, or better, than pub real ale. A group of us bought the ingredients from a local Llanelli brewery. I had to stop when the kids got bigger (all that boiling liquor, time and space (not Dr Who time and space)) then never started again. I also have something like 10 demijohns to go but that's another week. I'd give them away but nobody I know wants them and I'm too lazy to advertise on Shpock or Gumtree. I'll be honest, I don't understand them and am genuinely too lazy to educate myself.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:48 am 

Well yesterday I phone virgin media to cancel my contract. I was offered a new deal but I managed to better it so now I'm saving £7 a month and getting 2 V6 boxes free with no connection charges. I asked the girl way could it not been this easy before. She said they will look into it. So I'm a happy bunny for the time being anyway lol.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:54 am 

The V6 is great - compared to the TiVo.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:50 pm 

try Tivo was great 7 years ago, but like all tech, it gets outdated quickly. In the end, for what I wanted the V+ box was quicker. So I am looking forward to getting my V6 boxes.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:13 pm 

Pulled up in the car outside my house today to see a Jack Russell Terrier wandering around. No owner in sight, no collar on the dog so fetched a spare lead and went looking for the owner. Half an hour of wandering nearby roads later with no luck in finding the owner I was walking past my house again to look in another place and a young woman stopped her car next to me looking very relieved.

Dog is now reunited with family.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:28 pm 

Well done - sign of a true dog lover :tu:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:05 am 

Back from an early dental check-up. Scaled and cleaned as part of the session. No fillings, which is hardly surprising. My gnashers are already mostly filled or crowned.

I have nothing else planned for the rest of the day.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 am 

Just changed £400 to €430. Not a great diffarence between the £ & € anymore. I remember when my parents moved to Spain in 1999, i would have gotten €650 for £400. As I had the money saved up in my bedside cabinet, I will have to take it to the back to replace the mortgage money I bought the Euros with lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 318, 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324 ... 393  Next

Board index » Couch