[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mundane facts about your day...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 389, 390, 391, 392, 393
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:36 pm 

Ha yes I already got shorts and similar stuff. And stuff for ward use.

Apple OS update-fest tonight. Fun fun fun.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:22 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hope you get sorted soon.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:00 pm 

I've been having fun with Virgin Media TV lately. Last year I had picture pixelation problems. They checked and tuned all the signals - no use - then replaced the cable to premesis and the splitter. It did seem OK for a few months but then in December it started pixelating again. The engineer checked and all signals were still spot on (he said) and replaced the stub cable to the V6 because the one I had was flexible as they are supposed to be stiff. Alas, the next day it was still poorly. Today I had another engineer who replaced all the coax in the house and swapped the V6 for a 360. I've now had everything from the pavement renewed. You wouldn't Adam and Eve it but the picture pixelated right in front of the engineer so nothing has sorted it. It gets recorded and may be replayed so is in the box, nothing to do with the TV. He is going to escalate it to "networks" who would't do anything until everything done now has been completed. I don't hold out much hope.

The 360 menu is a bit naff compared to the V6 and has fewer functions especially in setting series links, navigating the EPG and short-cuts about the menus. Much as I'd like the V6 back, VM will be migrating everyone to 360 over time so might as well stick with it or go to Sky. I have no issue with VM's broadband.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:36 pm 

Glad January is over. It was a hell of an expensive month.

Tax bill - a figure I’m not divulging but big enough to be an ‘ouch’ payment.
Car repair - £2200 on a new steering rack.
Dentist bills - £450.
Plus other things which had to be paid.

Oh well, it’s only money.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:54 pm 

I had a partial knee replacement yesterday afternoon so had to spend a night in hospital. I'm home now and having to get used to crutches. Not too bad on the flat but trickier on the stairs.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

Get well soon!

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:01 pm 

Oh stairs... indeed! :(

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:22 am 

I've just had to fingertip-sign for a refuse collection on the operative's filthy mobile. Some of us are still recovering from a bloody pandemic and yet here we are, living in a touch-screen world stirring our fingers through each other's muck in banks, post offices, libraries, doctor and dentist surgeries. Glad I'm a chronic handwasher.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:14 pm 

I don't understand why you would be putting your finger for ID on somebody else's mobile. Am I missing something? How did they have your fingerprint ID information?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:31 pm 

Not fingerprint ID, just signing for deliveries and collections, instead of signing copies with a pen. You can guess how filthy ATMs are, we've all been wiping our fingers over those for decades. If you think about it, it's really yucky.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:59 pm 

Best not to think about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 389, 390, 391, 392, 393

Board index » Couch