[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Internet speed, ISP reviews
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Sat May 10, 2014 4:03 pm 

I know we had this thread before but cant remember if it was on here or the old forum, so I started a new one..

My speedtest results @ http://www.speedtest.net/

Very happy with this.

Gary

BTW ignore the ads for macdefendor on the above site.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:26 pm 

I'm just a bit shy of yours Carday.

And don't forget Virgin are bumping up the speed this summer free of charge mines going up to 152 Mb/s

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:02 pm 

Mines already been bumped up, but I had to go online and request it (or wait till they get round to doing it). I was on 60 then bumped upto 100. I phoned yesterday and got the big kahuna package.

Gary.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:20 pm 
Site Admin

I wouldn't mind the 5, let alone the other 120 :-/

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 6:25 pm 

Post Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:44 pm 

There's no cable where I live, only ADSL:

To be honest I'm really happy with the result. Six months ago I didn't get anywhere near these speeds.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:22 am 

I'm living out in the boondocks (well, 5 miles from Carlisle!), and my exchange can only support up to 8 Mb. This is what I'm getting typically, and it's good enough. I'm happy with this - I don't download movies and media stuff. I don't have a download cap any more so it's okay for me.

I've been on Plusnet for a month or so now, previously for years I was with Eclipse. I have no complaints about Eclipse, they were great and very helpful when I needed them but Plusnet have a much cheaper deal.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:30 am 

I'm on a 60Mb Virgin Media connection.

I looked at Plusnet/BT earlier in the year but they don't do fibre where I live so it's not an option to move to anyone else.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:17 pm 

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 4:45 pm 

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:19 pm 

Go to they're website. I was told mine would be updated soon, but there is a page on the VM website that you can request the upgrade sooner. Dont know if that works everywhere.

Gary.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:22 pm 

Need to work on sizing of images obviously (thanks for the instructions Leewave)

Thank you BBW

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Last edited by davesoa on Fri May 23, 2014 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:13 pm 

Dave. If you click on "Share this result" you will get the links to an image like the one everyone else has posted.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:33 pm 

Sky Broadband. It's better than the half meg I used to get before I moved out, but can still be frustrating at times, not very good at live streaming! I could have unto 35mb *if* I wanted to cough up an extra £30 a month...

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:11 am 

Just had the free Virgin speed bump.

Very happy with this.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Board index » Couch