[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Spartacus: Blood, Gore, Sandals, Sex and Swearing
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:57 pm 

Anyone else watching this amazing

I'm new to it.

Its the kind of show you need to make sure everyone else has gone to bed before watching.

Its a winner if you don't mind full frontal nudity, vicious disembowelment and traumatic amputations every ten minutes.

Busy catching up on line to see what I've missed at the mo' .. ..

edit

This what you're missing...

Its a hell of good catch up History lesson if you missed out at school.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:00 pm 

Yeah, it's pretty good, caught a few episodes on PickTV where they're re-running the first season (think it's Thurs+Fri night). Lucky Lawless isn't afraid to show a bit of flesh either, which is certainly a bonus.

Wouldn't count on its historical accuracy, though!! ;-)

Not seen the second season but from what I've read it's not quite as good, as the actor who played Spartacus in the first season was too ill with cancer (and subsequently died) and his replacement isn't quite as good in the role

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:59 pm 

If you need to catch up. or go back, use this : http://watchseries.eu/

I'm ploughing in after the Fall of the House of Batiatus, although I was only aware of this gut slashing feast about 3 weeks ago, as you mention on

It got a rave review by

I reckon if anyone's enjoyed Up Pompeii! and I Caudius, then this will only add to your delight of history laid bare for your edification and general intellectual improvement.

Tune in and roar with the Gladiators!

(faint hearts may need a bucket at the ready

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:34 pm 

Yea, I've seen all three seasons and they're highly "entertaining". Just wait until you both get to the orgy episode then you'll really wonder why you waited so long to start watching it! :o

27" iMac 2.93 GHz i7 12Gb Ram 10.7|15" MBP 2.66 GHz 4Gb Ram 10.8|1Tb Time Capsule|3rd Gen 1080 ATV|2nd Gen 720 ATV
64Gb WiFi iPad2|iPhone 5 32Gb|iPhone 4S 16Gb|iPod Touch 32Gb|VM 100Mb BB

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:41 pm 

Thanks for the tip!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:17 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 pm 

Yeah loved the first season, its a shame the actor who played 'Spartacus' passed away just before the second season started filming, heard good things about the 2nd series also.

Macbook Pro 2.53 ghz - OSX Yosemite
iPhone 6 64GB (White) Unlocked
iPhone 5 16gb (white) Unlocked
iPhone 3G 16GB
iPad 2 16gb Wi-fi
G4 iMac
iPod photo
Ipod Touch 4g 8gb
iPod Nano 4gb
Apple TV
1961 Vespa VBB150

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:45 pm 

I discovered it a month ago, it's all jolly fun and the actors look like they're enjoying the complete OTT-ness of their roles. Lucy Lawless' English accent is very good. One could criticise the show. But one won't. :)

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:03 pm 

UPDATE:

Incredible that I started this thread way back in 2012 - The show disappeared from sight but is now back on Netflix.

I have just had a serious session over many weeks late into the night catching up with our Thracian chum and the wild bunch and it got better.

Quite the most entertaining show I've seen - Highly recommend it.

Click pic for website

Board index » Couch