[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Photo books
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post subject: Photo books
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:39 am 

We had this topic in the dark past, I found the thread on Tech radar. Any up dates since then ?

I've got to make one for my mother in law's 70th.

http://www.techradar.com/forum/showthre ... ook&page=2

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post subject: Re: Photo books
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:53 pm 

When my brother-in-law passed away a few years ago, I did an iPhoto book of photos of him for my sister. I was quite happy with the print quality.

I also put all of the photos in an iDVD slide show and burned it to a disc. I made one for each of his brothers and sisters. Having books printed for them too would have been way to expensive. Everybody seemed happier with the DVD than a book, because they could watch it on a big screen TV.

2 Mini 2.3GHz Core i5 OSX10.7 / MacPro 2GHz DC Xeon 5130 OSX10.7 10.4 & WindowsXP / MDD 1GHzDP OSX10.4 & OS 9.2 / iBook G4 1.2GHz OSX10.4 / 9600/300 PPC OS9.2 / iPod 20GB 3rd Gen / iPad Wi-Fi 16GB 1st Gen iOS5 / iPhone 4 GSM 16GB iOS7

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:02 pm 

That's a great idea Nancy, I'll probably do both.

Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:07 pm 

Funnily enough I have just worked on a book and ordered one today. And hopefully it will look good as it going to be a Christmas present.
I have done one before and have been happy with the print quality. Earlier in the year I went to the Focus Show (photography exhibition) and there were a lot of trade stands with photo book sellers with some beautiful but expensive albums. There must be a demand still for printed photo albums?

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:00 pm 

I've done quite a few of over the years for my (many) cousin's weddings. They're excellent as wedding presents, especially when they don't know they're getting them and are a total surprise!

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:08 pm 

Hi folks, I'm going to do one, any name / brands you find good. A nice thick paper would be appealing.

Ps: Mouse I designed the stand for Pentax at the Focus exhibition :D

Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 pm 

I've got a few photobooks from Apple and the quality was very good. I did feel that the photos were over-saturated. Some of the shadow areas had lost detail. The paper, cover and presentation were excellent.
Earlier this year I availed of an offer in a newspaper to get a free photobook from Unfortunately the software is Windows only atm, but you may have a Windows pc. The quality of the photos produced were superior to the Apple books, imho. It was great to see that my images came out exactly as I intended. I'll definitely use them again.

http://twitter.com/john__mee

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:23 am 

I have just had two back from Apple.

One is perfect. The other, one of the photos is a bit woolly. I won't send it back - too much on at the moment, it will have to do. Usually the quality is superb so I will put it down to a one-off.

I have also made 2 calendars using this method.

iPhone 5
iPod 5s

Board index » Couch