[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you listening to...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:30 pm 

The Dark Side of the Moon.

I see on Apple Music that there will be a 2023 50th anniversary re-mix with Dolby Atmos and junk. I'm not sure what extra I'd get over the 21-year old me lying on the floor between the speakers but we'll see with the posh headphones when it is released.

As an aside, I'm not one for re-releases of albums as de-luxe or super de-luxe because they tout extra stuff. Most albums are best as the originally concieved package. imo.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:15 pm 

It may be Time to put your Money to the test.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:32 am 

See them do it in 1972, Time flies.

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:13 pm 

Wish I'd got the tickets and programmes for the top folk and blues artists - many of them American - who occupied the Royal Festival Hall in the late 50s/early 60s... Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee are the only act I'm 100 percent sure I saw, but they would have included Muddy Waters, Howlin’ Wolf, Willie Dixon, John Lee Hooker and Sonny Boy Williamson. Folk groups featuring the likes of the Dubliners, the Clancy Brothers, The (Liverpool) Spinners, Ewan MacColl....

It was a long time ago but brings memories of the happy atmosphere of the times even if the detail has faded.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:58 am 

The new Jethro Tull album - RökFlöte.

I could say 'more of the same' but that would sound like I was being dismissive. What I mean is if you like them then this should appeal to you.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2023 8:04 pm 

Paul Simon - Seven Psalms.

Released 19th May.

I like it and I don't. Which is contradictory yes I know. One for the odd occasion rather than part if my playlist.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:37 pm 

The Remo Four. Like so many from then-abouts 60 years hasn't really harmed them, only me.

Blessed are the censors; for they shall inhibit the earth.
"Some day Dragon Balls could power the world!"
5893 posts on MF, not that I'm keeping count or anything.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:02 pm 

A recorded prog, called out of the old MBP at random.

Johnnie Walker filling in on a Radio2 breakfast show just before Christmas 2009. He and the others in the studio were highly amused about the A&E patient who had turned up with an eyelid caught in a zip... wisely not speculating just how that could have happened :lol:

Apparently there was heavy snow and ice over the length of the country and the traffic reports seriously disrupted the playlist... :D

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:19 pm 

Could be in "watching" but was first on Radio 2. I recorded it as part of the recent Blur night of many programmes.

Blur in concert. Don't know how long it will be available.

Better than Oasis with that whiney Liam though Noel could write a good tune.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:27 pm 

The Dark Side of the Moon Redux - Roger Waters.

Hmm. It is loosely following what we know as TDSotM but he is a bit mumbly rather than singing and added track versions (OK maybe one) from other PF albums.

I was not gong to listen at all but decided it was worth one go. It may be just this once.

Having sounded negative, I do rate his albums "Radio K.A.O.S."* and "Amused to Death" highly.

* As far as I know, the only recording that mentions Llanelli :D

Post Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:51 pm 

Hackney Diamonds - The Rolling Stones.

Good to hear the remaining old farts can still belt out in the same vein. I'm on the fourth track and added it to my library. Just to be clear, I'm not a fan of every album of theirs. Picking just three, Sticky Fingers, Bagger's Banquet and Let It Bleed are, in no particular order, my favourites.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:51 pm 

Buddy Holly Essentials (Apple Music playlist). Takes me back to my youth. A little irked that some are later versions by the Crickets and some other singers post "that flight". Good songs, all the same.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:49 pm 

The new Peter Gabriel album. i/o

Sounds familiar PG fare. If you like his later stuff then try it. He's been drip feeding tracks for nearly a year as Bright-Side and Dark-Side mixes and in fact it is a "double" album of the mixes. Probably a cunning money spinner. That double is over two hours in total flips sake so it will take a while to get through it all in album form.

--edit-- I just spotted there is an "In-Side" mix album as well. Cripes. How arty.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

Board index » Couch