[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you listening to...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:01 pm 

iMac 24" M3 16Gb ram 512 SSD
14.2
iPhone 12 64Gb Blue
Linksys velop
Community fibre 150MBdown 150MBup.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:34 am 

Can't claim that sort of connection, but do remember our "music appreciation" teacher (comprehensive secondary school in the late 50s) who was happy playing anything from Beethoven to Jerry Lee Lewis. A wise man who said rock 'n' roll was as valid (and loud!) as any classical composer.

Hearing Great Balls of Fire always reminds me of Mr Tripp (pupils never knew the first name of a teacher in those days :D )

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:13 am 

Power in the Darkness by Tom Robinson Band. Bought it decades ago, it still sounds as good now as it did then.

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:20 am 

How about a YouTube link? Or anything to spark the interest? Who are the Tom Robinson Band? Is it worth listening to? I'm not going to research them. My loss I know.

Post Posted: Wed May 05, 2021 11:54 am 

Post Posted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:21 pm 

The album Small Change by Tom Waits. You can either take or leave his voice :D

No YT link - I don't use the site, no sir or madam. Even on the rare occasions I try, it refuses me entry or has an error playing video. Probably all my ad blocking. Besides - it is Google and I don't use them as a general rule or trust them not to help themselves to information.

Post Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:20 pm 

[moan]

Nothing at the moment. I just wanted to complain about Siri, who is cloth-eared at times. The TV might set 'her' off now and again with a willing "hmmm?" or similar but the worst is when 'she' suddenly announces "playing xxx by yyy". Invariably it is something I consider utter crap. OK, I can easily shut it up but then that track goes in my recently played list on Apple Music, which then causes recommendations for yyy, rather than something I might want to sample similar to tings I do listen to. Even tagging all the recommendations as dislike takes a while to filter through.

I seem to recall back in iOS 4 days you could designated acts/artists as liked or hated. That was useful. For example, it has taken years for me to let Music know I hate Neil Young (except for two tracks I can tolerate that proves the rule).

Aaaanyway...

[/moan]

Post Posted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:33 pm 

Over ear headphones on and Peter Gabriel - So. How could anyone not like this album? I'm sure some people do not. That's the thing with music.

Post Posted: Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 pm 

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:16 am 

The album "House of Noise" by Massive Wagons via Apple Music.

I heard a few tracks on Planet Rock so thought I'd try a bigger sample.

I think there are YouPube and Snotify links on that page for personages who use those services.

Post Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:15 pm 

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 7:54 am 

But not to any version of AirPods...

Post Posted: Wed May 19, 2021 8:00 am 

No indeed. All down to codecs. Still, a step forward... maybe.

Post Posted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:40 am 

Quote from TechRadar:

"HomePod and HomePod mini currently use AAC to ensure excellent audio quality," explains Apple. "Support for lossless is coming in a future software update." So you will be able to stream your tunes at the highest resolution using Apple's own speakers – even if it's not exactly clear when.

Post Posted: Sun May 30, 2021 7:14 am 

An relaxing morning - - through headphones. Keeping it to myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 44  Next

Board index » Couch