[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you listening to...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 44  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:11 pm 

Morcheeba - Big Calm.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:14 am 

Getting a little ahead of myself here.

On Friday I will be listening to Ray Davies' new album. I won't post again when I do.

I see that The Kinks are also recording an album. The ones still alive (Davies, Davies and Avory - sadly not Quaife). is the link to the source on Sky News. Not a channel or site I frequent but my brother sent it so he must.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:46 am 

I would be listening to Robert Plant "Fate of Nations" but it has sidled out of Apple Music. It was there. Siri says she can't play it 'right now'. Probably a royalty thing.

I settled for TDSoTM.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:10 am 

Kamasi Washington - Heaven and Earth

It has a hidden third disc in the packaging too :o

Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:44 pm 

Sgt. Pepper's. Still good.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:56 am 

Yo La Tengo is murdering the classics by Yo La Tengo

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:21 am 

Roger Waters - In The Flesh (Live)

If you ask Siri Homepod for that, she hasn't a clue because whereas I'd say 'live' properly, she thinks it is pronounced 'liv' as in 'I live there'. That's a basic English error, not one of regional or national accent. I expect the voice and speech algorithms can only handle one entry as it 'knows' no context.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:04 pm 

The White Album.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:51 am 

This morning I listened to the new Mark Knopfler album. It was OK. His albums usually grow on me but this might take a while.

Last week, the new Muse album came out. That appealed straight away.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:00 pm 

Parallel Lines by Blondie

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:06 pm 

Delta by Mumford & Sons
Mark Knpofler (with you on that lougher)
The White album by the Beatles. I’ve never listened to it until today.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:28 pm 

Daltrey - Roger Daltrey from about 1973. Yes, I'm old...

I've got the original vinyl but someone's uploaded the whole album to YouTube. Most of the tracks are written by David Courtney and Leo Sayer.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:34 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:44 am 

Morning I'll download the interview and will listen today, thanks. And Roger Daltry 'Just a boy.' Forgotten all about that one so I played it. Loudly.
Little known fact about Leo Sayer. Watched him live when I was at Aberystwyth University. Hitching home the following day I was marooned in a tiny village some way out of Aber. Car saw me, slowed and stopped as if to give me a lift (it was Leo Sayer and others) and, as I reached it, got the 'V' sign and it drove off.
Naturally I've been riding the bitter bus following this trauma ever since.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Last edited by davesoa on Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:01 am 

Dave - that link is to a text feature; I haven't been able to find an audio version. I did find that 6Music ran a three-hour special in October but it is no longer on iPlayer :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 44  Next

Board index » Couch