[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you listening to...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:11 pm 

Excitable Boy - Warren Zevon.

As an aside, in the Music app, I see albums now sport the tags below. OK, some just are just "Lossless", as is the album above. It still sounds great via HomePods, but whether my old ears could tell the difference would not speculate.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:21 pm 

Sgt. Pepper's album. Now in spatial audio, it seems.

I only warmed to The Beatles a couple of albums before this one. I was a Stones and Kinks man before that.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:23 pm 

I was only listening to Careful with that Ax Eugene, Interstellar Overdrive, & Echoes Echoes Echoes Echoes at that time...

Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:39 pm 

The Doughnut in Granny's Greenhouse.

You have to like the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:41 am 

Twelve minutes of Hendrix, Machine Gun (Band of Gypsys)

Good one to wake up the neighbours :D

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:10 pm 

Tonight it is the album "How Sweet to Be an Idiot" by Neil Innes.

Besides the Bonzos and The Rutles, I did rather like "The Innes Book of Records". BBC2 iirc. I could well be wrong, but it was in the days of few TV channels.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:46 pm 

A real oldie on Apple Music. A compilation of The Shadows. I would not normally admit this but in the quiet bits between tracks I can hear the sound of the stylus hitting minute dust particles. Vinyl always had a slight snap crackle and pop going on in the background but this is digital. When I was a kid... etc.

Do instrumentals ever get in the 'hit parade' these days? I've not followed the 'charts' since the early 70s. Alan "Fluff" Freeman on Sunday evenings, jumpers for goalposts <old man ramble terminated>.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:29 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:40 pm 

^ I saw it when it was first on. Worth watching if you know of Mr C.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:32 pm 

The 2021 album Stomping Ground by Dion (with many guests). Blues rock stuff.

We oldies will remember him from his Dion and The Belmonts days.

Random "review" page from a DDG search:

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:33 pm 

Music taken from a selection of the top 1000 most played music from my iTunes library

Occasionally music taken from a list of the ones I have least listened to, just to make sure

There are still treasures to be found

But so much Dross!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:04 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9_YvjLgOGY

Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:08 pm 

Had a couple of Christmas gifts

XTC - The Black Sea
Japan - Gentlemen Take Polaroids

Both fine 80’s albums but very very different styles.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:13 pm 

I have no choice it seems!

https://planetradio.co.uk/magic/player/ ... gI60_D_BwE

Post Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:03 am 

Revolver and Abbey Road obviously by The Beatles. I’m only 50 years too late!
Also I am going through a XTC phase and bought their English Settlement album. Very good it is too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Board index » Couch