[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - What are you listening to...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:09 pm 

Ah, we don't get that stuff over here. :(

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:46 pm 

Blood Harmony - album by Larkin Poe. Released today.

Sounding good so far. The genre is nominally "roots rock".

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:05 pm 

I did start listening to the album Only The Strong Survive by Bruce Springsteen but only managed the first track and that was a struggle. It is a collection of Motown/Soul covers. I never did like those styles (with a few exceptions, of course) so why would I inflict pain on my tympanic membranes? This juror says "miss" but because it is Bruce, probably will sell a few copies.

The Larkin Poe album will be played again.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:47 pm 

Have listened/watched Larkin Poe on the youtubes, they get a big thumbs up from me.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:23 pm 

Sgt. Pepper's.

I remember borrowing the vinyl from Tony Robins back in '67 at school when I was 15.

We shared albums. For example, Grahame Clarke lent me Fresh Cream, Judith Dixon loaned me some Bee Gees, Laurel Keeley had Simon & Garfunkel (3 a.m.) and had The Halliard and more (I reciprocated with The Purple Gang and others). That's just the quick recollection. Ahhh - pre-cassette days, eh? Yes, I'm old.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:04 pm 

A Runrig track with Gaelic title (no, I don't know the language but the Long Distance album has great tracks), Bob Seger with Fire Lake and then Gerry Rafferty's Get It Right Next Time (from Baker Street). All on headphones from my little old iPod (iPod Nano 1st Generation). Just to see what I was listening to back then.

On to Doobie's Listen To the Music; Glen Campbell - It's Only Make Believe; People Lie (Live) - JJ Cale; Young Thing - Chet Atkins; Notting Hill Billies - Your Own Sweet Way; Traveling Wilburys - Runaway. All good stuff so far...

Must be about 20 years old and still working with 430 songs in it.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:04 pm 

A Runrig track with Gaelic title (no, I don't know the language but the Long Distance album has great tracks), Bob Seger with Fire Lake and then Gerry Rafferty's Get It Right Next Time (from Baker Street). All on headphones from my little old iPod (edit: iPod Nano 2nd Generation, silver, 2005). Just to see what I was listening to back then.

On to Doobie's Listen To the Music; Glen Campbell - It's Only Make Believe; People Lie (Live) - JJ Cale; Young Thing - Chet Atkins; Notting Hill Billies - Your Own Sweet Way; Traveling Wilburys - Runaway. All good stuff so far...

Must be about 20 years old and still working with 430 songs in it.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:39 am 

Abbey Road

Abbey Road es el undécimo álbum de estudio publicado por la banda británica de rock The Beatles, sería lanzado el 26 de septiembre de 1969 en Reino Unido por Apple Records. Las grabaciones de Abbey Road comenzarían en abril de 1969, haciendo de este el último álbum grabado por la banda, ya que Let It Be, lanzado en 1970, había sido grabado con anterioridad.

Está considerado uno de los álbumes mejor elaborados por The Beatles, aunque la banda apenas funcionaba ya como un grupo unido en esa época.

Autor: The Beatles
Año: 1969

Post Posted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:37 pm 

Roger Waters - The Lockdown Sessions.

Half a dozen of his later Pink Floyd ditties re-recorded. Billed as an EP, but just shy of 40 mins. When I was a kid, EPs were 45s cramming two short tracks a side. It took a good cutter to make an EP. Who remembers LPs with "Another Porky's Prime Cut" on the run-off?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:58 pm 

Fortunately I have the house to myself until into 2023. I'm playing Mark Knopfler's Shangri-La album into my over ear headphones. Yes, I could have it loud through speakers but this way I can "sing" along without being heard or hearing myself.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:59 pm 

Album - Chaos is Calling
Artist - Kira Mac

I heard a bit about them on Planet Rock (radio) so thought I'd try the album. Categorised as Blues-Rock. Before now, if someone told me it was Larkin Poe, I'd not be surprised but wonder where the slide guitar was.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:54 pm 

Watching (so listening to as well) Celebrate the Music of Peter Green and the Early Years of Fleetwood Mac. It was on Sky Arts so I recorded it.

I'm always peeved that during these live concerts their guitars never seem to go out of tune while mine always struggle. Probably cheapo guitars or strings or I'm just lousy. I rarely pick them up these days.

Amazing the apparent variety of songs that three chords can produce.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:11 pm 

Fleetwood Mac: Great show - I recorded it; runs to 2hr 19min when you jump the ads... :D

Last night - Pink Floyd's 1988 "A Momentary Lapse of Treason" tour on Sky Arts. Surprised myself by watching/listening all the way through. Found it remarkably restful, despite some serious lyrics.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:23 pm 

For Jethro Tull fans...
Sky Arts "Classic Artists: Jethro Tull" going out on Friday Feb 10 (7pm to 9.30pm).

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:26 pm 

Thanks, that will be one to watch! Brilliant in the first half of their career. I'll record it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 658 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Board index » Couch