[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - GB and the EU
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

In - Out or Undecided
Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:47 pm
In 67%  67%  [ 20 ]
Out 30%  30%  [ 9 ]
Undecided 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 30

Post subject: Re: GB and the EU
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:17 pm 

I think he looks like Tim Cook.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:21 pm 

Get rid of Europe then next on the hit list the house of lords. The house of lords should be capped at say 151, then out of all the lords electable, you vote for 3 you want in the house, the top 151 get to sit. That way we have some control over which lords preside over us.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:09 pm 

Up until this week, I was almost certain that I'd vote Remain. There's a lot that's wrong with the European Union as an organisation, but I figure it's better the devil you know.

However, someone said the other day, what if we weren't currently part of the EU and this vote was to join it... Would you still vote Yes? I said, "Erm, probably not!" And it's a good question, don't you think?

It hasn't changed my mind, but I think lots of people will be going to the polling station on Thursday with no clear idea which way they're going to vote. And that worries me. A lot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:19 pm 

"And it's a good question, don't you think?"
Yes - but it isn't the question that people will be asking themselves when they are about to pull the/a lever.

There seems nothing clear about this vote - even "its binding-ness".
What a mess.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:38 pm 

Sounds like busy-work to make you feel like you're important… over here they let us have votes, then no matter the outcome, the rich & powerful get there way. :(

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:29 am 

Next on the list must be to rid ourselves of Westminster. 8-)

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:31 am 

Yes, let's see if we can enrol any Guys called Fawkes!

Power to the People!

Alternatively,

There are no facts

This is all about risk

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 am 

to the end.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:29 am 

Fascinating phone in on right now if you want some loony entertainment

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:16 pm 

Take a pen to the polling booth :

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:26 pm 

...yep, a bloke rang in on the link I gave yesterday to say he did that at all elections.

I'm taking a phial of my own blood.

To prove with DNA how I voted if it gets close.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:28 pm 

Well, just take a pen - to stab yourself.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:34 pm 

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:55 pm 

Must be the EU forcing the government to get busy with its erasures !

Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:34 pm 

Panic not Ramaprem! I was only kidding - I know you don't want me to poke a hole in my body and spurt blood all over the polling station at my village hall, like a Vampire.

So that's it - Not much more we can do.

Tomorrow I shall be glued to the telly all night watching the count or whatever they stick on after the polls close.

Thanks for the votes here - Cheers to all that voted and posted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Couch