[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - GB and the EU
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

In - Out or Undecided
Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:47 pm
In 67%  67%  [ 20 ]
Out 30%  30%  [ 9 ]
Undecided 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 30

Post subject: GB and the EU
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:47 pm 

What I would like to know is .... will beer go up in price at the pump.

Vote your thoughts please.

EDIT: Anyone can post a vote, without posting a message - and you also change your vote but it would be nice to know who voted and why.

I was the undecided voter.

I'm undecided - no major feeling if the EU is good or bad for the UK

(edit for typo)

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Last edited by jezza on Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: GB and the EU
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:03 pm 

I've voted out. I have no idea whether it will be good or bad for the UK, I'm just fed up at the EU interfering with our lives and imposing seemingly arbitrary laws on us.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:00 pm 

Out for me. I voted "no" the first times we had the chance (yes, an oldie).

The Common Market might have been a brave notion for fair trade, but (and I summarise for brevity) the evolution into a large political entity run by non-elected Commissioners - and as mentioned - legal nonsense, makes me more sure it was a bad idea. I hear big business bosses on the radio going on about how it is a good thing. Well maybe if I was paid millions of squids a year I might think as do they.

Nothing, and I use the word advisedly, will persuade me otherwise. However, people who want "in" should vote that way and maybe they will win. It is democracy, we are told.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:22 pm 

Sadly while I would prefer smaller countries, like 100,000 people at most, I think the UK is overestimating it's power in this day & age, no insult intended, but it seems a bit like tribalism or Castes.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:52 am 

I voted no first time round and ended up joining the Eu, I loved the UK and marching to the flag.
Now I am older and wiser. I could still march to the flag if I so desired, the EU don't want to stop me.

Personally I am glad an organisation who represents me through the MEP I voted for (democracy !) is fighting for workers rights, international law enforcement and green issues.

And what is wrong with straight cucumbers ? ( myth)

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:00 am 

Imagine what Cameron would do without that pesky Human Rights legislation that he has to adhere to.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:16 pm 

The UK has only ever had a vote on joining the Common Market, not the EU which it's evolved into. So, it would be nice to finally have a say.

Staying or leaving both have problems as far as I can see. I'm currently undecided, but leaning towards staying in.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:39 pm 

I'm all up for leaving and will vote that way. If the best deal David Cameron could broker was that 'we get to keep the GBP' is speaks volumes about how we're regarded by the likes of angela merkel (who lets be honest is the one in charge).

As a part of the EU we're a small fish in a big pond and whist it's sold to us as feather in the cap of the UK export market, the truth is that we're a low export service country taking very little from the deal whilst dancing to someone elses song.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:39 pm 

And surely we will be a smaller fish in a bigger pond upon leaving?

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Importing goods will be not only more expensive (you know what it's like buying goods from the USA) there is currently red tape to go with it when buying AND selling from/to non EU countries. If we are out, imagine the price that EVERYTHING could go up in price by?
I'm still on the fence.

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:33 pm 

Despite my opinion expressed above, there is deep bullshite and an indeterminate amount of truth on both sides. Scare tactics is the current flavour. You can "prove" anything with statistics and no scare story has any basis in fact. 57% of people know that ;) Nothing has been honestly costed. In/out is all opinion. Do you want further political union or none? I'm full of Bell's (it was on offer in Tesco). I say you can't believe anyone. Especially a politician. More so a political animal with a vested interest.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:39 pm 
Site Admin

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:43 pm 

Lots of time left. I think we'll get bored with the whole thing come May... or April. I can't see anyone having a killer argument any time soon.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:16 pm 

Im out just as long as Team GB shut the UK borders. I'm not racist when I say that, I just think that we have enough of a cross section of the world here already.

At 66 yrs I'm at a point in life where cost is not such a concern, but I feel that the younger generation in years to come will benefit. With less people jumping on the UK benefit wagon maybe just maybe those that need it might just get the help needed.

Other countries manage to survive without the EU, It might take time but we can put the GREAT back in Britain. If it had stayed as the Common Market as Future-Echoes stated it would probably have been a better system. But when someone from outside with a little power gets involved we have what we have now Chaos and Anarchy.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:22 pm 

Voting in, I want to be able to move around and work/study where I wish freely.

Hoping to do a Dual-study program in Germany in the next few years which will become much harder if we leave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » Couch