[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Photo walkabout at Dungeness
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:39 pm 

I am planning a trip to Dungeness, Kent for a photo walkabout. Does anyone know if you park at the old lighthouse is it an easy walk to get some photos of the iconic old derelict boats or is it a drive away. I guess one could drive around and then park up if something of interest shows. As I have never been I have no idea how big it is and how much area it covers except for the internet.
Thanks.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:57 pm 

You can walk to the shore from the lighthouse. Probably 20 minutes or so. There are a number of easier access locations as you drive towards the lighthouse. You can park the car at a lay-by, cross the road and you are right on the shingle. I was there in October and if I remember correctly there were more derelict sheds and boats before the lighthouse than around the immediate area.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:03 am 

Thanks. I am looking forward to going and hope the weather is ok. There is one particular shot I want but don't know the exact GPS location so I shall have to explore a bit.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:24 pm 

Hi Miqs, just follow the road to the Power Station and after passing Prospect Cottage, the former home of the film director the late Derek Jarman, continue on to The Britannia Inn.

Shepherd Neame ales and although I can't vouch for the grub, as we ate later back in Rye, it does do food.

You can see the Light House in the bg - Big car park btw.

edit:

Food in Rye :

Ypres Castle Inn - Rye - Loverly grub - I had the bangers and mash and some crazy 7% ale

;)

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:06 am 

Thanks Jezza. I was down at Rye a couple of years ago but this photo shoot was not on the itinerary then. I think we ate at the Castle Inn (not sure) when a jazz band was playing in the garden. I like ale but not that strong! All very enjoyable! Looking forward to it.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:18 pm 

That may have been The Ypres - But do pop by the Olde Mermaid for some G and T's if in Rye..

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:18 pm 

Board index » Couch