[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Amazon Affiliate Link
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post subject: Amazon Affiliate Link
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

The more eagle eyed among you will have noticed an Amazon banner at the bottom of the page and in the menubar at the top.

This is in the hope to raise funds from your normal Amazon purchases toward the running costs of the forum. Amazon donate a small percentage of any sales made by you clicking the link and making a purchase from that session. Any items you buy will not cost you any more than they would normally, so you will be donating with your purchase at no additional cost to you.

So, each time you want to buy from Amazon.co.uk, click through form here!

The Banner is not too unpleasant, but I hope this will help pay the bills. Time will tell.
It's pretty likely normal donations will still be needed for the coming year, but if you all buy via our link, you may not need to donate after this year.

My hope is to keep it at the bottom of the page, less in you face there, another "time will tell" thing.

Should any of you prefer to purchase from another Amazon domain (.de, .fr etc), let me know and I'll set up a link to that store.

I may test different banners, maybe one with a search bar.

Feedback below!

12.9" iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, Pencil 2
21.5" iMac Quad Core i5 8GB RAM (Plex Server) ~ iPhone 15 Pro
AirPods Pro ~ Apple TV 4 (64GB) ~ Linksys Velop Mesh Wi-Fi

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:15 pm 

Glad to see you looked into this, James. I think I mentioned it to you a while ago from another forums who use it. Like you say, it doesn't cost you any more than a regular Amazon session so if you were going to buy something anyway, why not let these forums benefit, however small that amount is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:55 pm 

So you know, Ad-Block Plus in Firefox is hiding the bottom banner for me (Windows and Mac). I can see the menu bar link so the link is available for use. I do see the bottom one on my iPad so whatever adblock Safari uses (I forget which I installed) isn't very good.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:07 pm 

Great idea - a US internet radio station I sometimes use has the same scheme, and benefits from whatever Amazon site you use as long as you click through. I'm sure they are doing fine so I shall switch my allegiance :tu:

Which reminds me, I have an Amazon gift voucher to spend. I shall keep you in mind...

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:55 pm 

test

(hopefully this topic will now finally be marked as READ)

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:36 pm 

CD ordered for my niece! ;-)

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:18 pm 

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:16 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:16 pm 

All I have to remember now is to alternate between the Amazon link here and the one I have for the RNLI with Amazon :D
Looks like I may end up ordering twice as much stuff ;)

White MacBook late 2007 - Snow Leopard iPhone 7 IPod Touch 2 Gen. iPad 6 Gen.
Nikon D5600 on

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:04 am 

Thanks James, goods ordered through Mac4Mac arrived yesterday.

Usually I don't click on adverts that appear on Forums, etc., so wouldn't have thought of clicking on the box at the bottom. Glad you explained.

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:08 am 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:23 pm 

James
Is/would it possible to link our Amazon account's to Mac4Mac like you can do with say Nectar and eBay, that way you would not forget.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:53 pm 
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:55 pm 

I almost forgot this - d'oh! I just did an order through the menu link.

Board index » Couch