[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Panasonic recorder supposedly full
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:36 pm 

Tried to record TV programme on our Panasonic DMR-EX75EB hard drive, message 'Timer recording is full, delete some programmes', even though Timer Recording Available said 120 hours available.

Deleted a couple of programmes, now have 125 hours available but still says it's full.

Any ideas, please?

I've switched off and on, but still the same.

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:35 pm 

I have a much older Panasonic model, so probably not relevant, but just make sure you're not selecting to record the whole series rather than a one-off episode?

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:41 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 pm 

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:04 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:37 pm 

Leeway, I was puzzled by your post, partly because on our remote the button the manual refers to as Prog/Check is called Guide, button coloured green.

Our paper manual is for DMR-EX75EB or 85 model - I know it’s the right one because the bill is stapled to it.

However, I checked the recorder and it’s a DMR-PWT420.

I’ll check the manual against the remote we have and see if I can find anything like the Timer Recording you show from page 28.

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:53 pm 

Manual for the recorder

Whatever the precise terminology is and whatever the correct buttons to press, the way you expressed it, it seemed you were looking at the "Recorded list" not the "To Be Recorded" list!

The point I'm trying to make is that the issue appears to be related to the timer list, not to the actual number of recordings on the disk.

Can you make a new manual recording? If you can, it probably rules out disk space or disk corruption being the issue and you reported that there was plenty of space on the disk anyway :)

Here are the pages related to making a recording: pages 28-35

This should be like your remote -

PS: This one also has a limit of 32 timer recordings

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:14 pm 

You beat me to it, Leewave, yes we were indeed looking at the Recorded list, which is all we've ever done! We needed the Functions button, found a list of old stuff, all now deleted so should be fine.

I'll work my way through your new manual link and see if there's anything else we've missed from a recorder we've had for a few years. :oops:

Thank you.

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:20 pm 

You're welcome Dennis, however you must actually be using the timer recordings, particularly if you've got a new recording coming up next Saturday so you must know of it.

BTW, I also record TV programs and I use software for that on my Mac Mini. I either watch live - or just record all the programs that I want to watch through the software then watch them as and when convenient, (and I remove all the ads!). I never, ever sit through any of the ads, it's a surprise to me when I visit other people who do. If watching live I'll just press pause and then press Shift-forward arrow (which I have now set to 240 seconds) or fine tune with arrows alone - set to 7 seconds advance or back. Four minutes is the usual length of a block of ads.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:25 pm 

We only knew of the recording coming up because we used the TV Guide button followed by +24 button. So no, never knew about it until now.

Another reason we do recordings - mostly Channel 4 - is so we can miss the adverts.

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:34 pm 

I like EyeTV, it's very easy to set up recordings, just click on the one you want to record and hey presto. All the channels are available to see up to a week in advance so it's very simple to use.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:28 pm 

Glad to hear you're sorted! Mine is the older DMR-EX77 model which is much more basic and doesn't do series record, in fact it's only SD Freeview - I should look at upgrading really, but there's never much on to record anyway!

* Witty statement goes here *

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:00 am 

Thanks MacOS10, we find being able to record two programmes whilst watching a third useful. Although our TV tastes overlap reasonable well, there's a lot of stuff on BBC 4 and Channel 4 that I record as OH isn't interested. And when Bake Off becomes commercial I can miss the adverts!

Leewave, as you know I'm not keen on change or anything new, makes me go foetal, so I leave things at the moment and see what happens when we're away.

iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Board index » Couch