[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mac OS9 - Classic (or older) ... any users
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:03 pm 

If it ever does break, let me know and I'll point you to the emaculation forum where a die-hard group of enthusiasts are keeping the various Classic Mac emulators patched up and working for the modern Mac OS (they began with the move to Intel in 2006 but were then abandoned by their creators).

Core i7 2011 21.5" iMac 12,1 2.8 GHz 16GB RAM OS X 10.9.5 1TB SSD & 128GB SSD

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:25 pm 

Well, scored a nice freebie or two ...

A dirty great Apple Cinema HD monitor and full size keyboard. (The mouse also but I prefer my logitech one)

Marvelous enhancement to the old set up - Plugs into the G4 PowerBook DVI a treat - Ordered up a DVI-Thunderbolt whatnot for the El Capitan MacBook Pro, not sure what the Snow Leopard MacBook has on the port dept from memory.

It'll be genius to have the old Word for Mac in Classic running on two pages (with traditional black and white window, natch)- It's the only way to write!

Only slight let down is the screen has a pink outer hue - The middle is ok but there doesn't seem to be fix.

This is seven+ year old kit after all, although the pink hue was a complaint from the early days apparently.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:34 pm 

Just realised that I've had OS 8.6, OSX 10.6.8, and OSX 10.9.5 - all running at the same time! And I could have had System 7.5.3 running too...

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:11 pm 

Well, while I await to hear if I've acquired a PowerBook 3400c for a retro project, I might as well get in the System 7 mood by having some flying cats on my iPhone

Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 pm 

I've still got my 3400 somewhere. I think it got upgraded to 9.1? At any rate, the only way it's going to get online now is via Ethernet.

I remember that wallpaper! Perhaps still there in 7.5.3 in Basilisk? (Haven't looked recently.)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:38 pm 

ah, the old 3400c - A great Mac.

I rescued one yonks ago from a factory - The power plug was ripped half off but it still worked... for while.

A solid piece of kit.

Just out of interest I've PM'd you ... So that's something to look forward to.

Oh, btw ... the desktop images for System 7.5.5 are here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/sy ... ns.144874/

Near the bottom of the thread - This is the link - It downloads straight away just to warn you.

http://www.mikerichardson.name/tidbits/ ... tterns.zip

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:13 pm 

Replied to PM.

Yes, I remember those patterns and can still see them via 7.5.3 in Basilisk. And I can run all the After Dark screensaver modules there too. :) There are still a few available for OS X by the way - Flying Toasters (there's a free version of those with the trial), Boris (the kitten) and Mowing Man.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:41 pm 

I had the Toasters - I emailed the guy who wrote it, he had a copy.

I don't recall Boris tho' - Will Google that one.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:34 pm 

Have a look here: http://en.infinisys.co.jp/product/flyin ... ndex.shtml

(There's only a few available for Intel Macs though you can buy their design studio which includes many of the Classic characters, and design your own. Toasters are easy - probably why you get it free - but I don't think you could recreate Boris as his antics are too 'random'.)

Board index » Couch