Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:45 am 

Well, someone had to start a new one, and I thought it might as well be me! :D

NatWest and Sainsbury's - or rather Sainsbury's and NatWest!

Placed Sainsbury's food order for between 10 & 11am yesterday. They're normally pretty prompt round here so, when it got to 11:55, I rang 'em.

Sainsbury's: - We are unable to process your order, Miss Balfour, due to a problem with your card.

Me: - There's plenty of money in my account

S: - We can't say why it's being declined, you'll have to take that up with the card issuer. We did try to contact you...

Me: - Er, sorry, but you didn't. I've had my phone with me all morning, and it has not rung once - and it is not indicating any missed calls.

S: - We called you several times.

Me: - I have voicemail. Why did you not leave me a message...?

S: - I'm certain we did, Miss Balfour...

Seeing as I wasn't going to get any further there, I hung up and called NatWest.

Me: - Hello, I've just been on the phone to Sainsbury's as they have been unable to deliver my shopping this morning due to you declining my card.

NW: - Asks for card details, a/c number and sort code. We just need to put you through to our fraud prevention dept. Please hold the line.

Sarah is then put on hold for nearly 30 minutes.

FPD:- Hello, thank you for holding. We've blocked your card as we've noticed some unusual usage. Could you confirm the following 6 transactions? Reads list and I 'okay' every one.

The thing is, I don't see why they feel the need to do this anymore. If they monitor my account that closely they should know 2 things about me by now:- 1) I very often order from the US and 2) I very often order things at silly times because I'm a chronic insomniac - all this does is serve to frustrate me!

Card's unblocked. I call Sainsbury's back, sort out shopping. By late lunchtime it's delivered (well, most of it).

I start going through it. No lemons, no limes, no tomatoes, no cinnamon, no chicken fillets! ARGH!!!

Then I notice a big ooze of white stuff emanating from one of the bags (that's another thing which annoys me; I realise these corn-starch and whatever they are bags are eco-friendly, but they're weaker than the beer in the local!) I knew immediately what it was - the f*ckwit who'd packed my stuff had put my 2 tubs of cottage cheese in with my tins of sardines and tuna and, of course, they'd been crushed by the tins in the back of the van! :x So not only am I missing half my shopping, I am now going to have to pay to have my parents' hall carpet cleaned before they return from Faro next week! :x

Do you think I can bill Sainsbury's for the cleaning...? I mean it was their fault, after all. I've managed to get it up the best I can, but there's a noticeable white staining (my mother would have to go for a champagne-coloured carpet, wouldn't she...? Still, it could be worse - the carpet before this was Autumn Gold (i.e. orange) it'd been even more notceable then!) Mother sees all, though (and she'll definitely smell all - though it doesn't smell as cheesy as it did...)

Right, that's the opener for the new Rants thread... :D

Anyone else have something they wish to get off their chests...?

Sarah

Board index » Couch