[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Mon, 18/10 is National Wear (Tasteless) Odd Socks Day!
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:01 pm 

What - you didn't know that...?! What rock have you lot been hiding under the past month... ;)

Actually, I've just invented it. I've come to the conclusion that what this nation needs in this time of being ripped off by the CON-servatives and LIE-berals is more silliness - A LOT more silliness!

So, on that day, you are all to go to work/school/college/the dole office/wherever wearing odd socks - and no playing it safe with one black, one navy, or one brown, one fawn - that's NOT allowed!

There is only one rule: - wear 'em loud and wear 'em proud*! Wear a neon green one on your left foot and a neon orange on your right! Wear lime with pink and purple polka dots or fuschia with yellow and blue stripes! Whatever you wear, just make 'em TASTELESS!

*this is a double meaning - not only wear 'em with pride, obviously, but don't hide 'em away, either (if you can, of course!) I'm wearing my odd socks now - OVER my leggings!

I'm attempting to spark a revolution here... I'm sitting here wearing odd socks as I type this - think I'm going to do it more often (left foot's purple, right foot's pink; in fact under the purple one I have the other pink one, and vice versa).

So who's with me...? We're forward-thinking fold -we use Macs, after all - how radical are you prepared to be, my brothers and sisters!

C'mon - Let The Silliness Begin! Let's sock it to 'em! :D :lol:

Sarah
(Proud Garish Odd Sock Wearer)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:45 pm 

I wear tasteless socks all the time.

In fact when I was in high school (and no we did not use slates, but we did speak Latin) my English Teacher accused me of wearing uncouth socks.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:30 pm 

You can't be old enough to have had the dayglo lime, orange or red socks popular with secondary school boys in the late 50s! If I still had them, one lime and one orange would probably do the trick.

Those colours are not nearly bright enough. You don't need sunglasses... :D

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:32 pm 

All my tasteless socks were all gone by the early 90s but, odd socks day is usually every cold, dark Monday morning. Whether I want it or not! ;)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:15 pm 

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:56 pm 

I've got socks with little sheep jumping over gates on them - do they count? Or ones with pink flamingoes.

Board index » Couch