[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Image Hosting Check
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post subject: Image Hosting Check
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:02 pm 

Hmmm...why can I see this image that I have on photobucket, but I get the "Please Update Your Account....." image when trying to view someone else's image on a website?

Post subject: Re: Image Hosting Check
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:08 pm 

Because Photobucket are stopping third party image hosting for websites. I imagine it's a phased stop.

You will need to upgrade your account and pay Photobucket $399 a year for the privilege if you want to continue using them to host images.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:47 pm 

Mr crapday needs to change his host - unless he is advertising for Photobucket in his sig.

;)

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 pm 

Any recommendations for a Photobucket replacement?

Post Posted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:24 pm 

I post all my photos from Flickr. I've not used Photobucket so I can't compare.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:08 am 

I have started using for hosting photos to use on forums.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:18 pm 

Thanks. I'll have a lot at both.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:48 am 

Flickr has been around "forever" - and is totally reliable.
Postimages doesn't even require an account; no account, no log-in - no nothin'. Just upload and get the link.
I've started to use it, also.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:58 pm 

I use http://pi.gy/ which is a simple image hosting site and is extremely quick to use, plus provides you automatically with the BBCode image tag. It also shouldn't be blocked at workplaces.

If you want to store your photos elsewhere, I can vouch for Flickr too, it's a pretty neat platform for such things.

Shame Photobucket has gone down this route because they have now broken a lot of older websites and such, seems no one there cares about preservation...

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:15 pm 

Yeh!! It works!

Thank you Jamie, that looks pretty easy. I wonder how long this outfit will be running for though...

Too many images have been lost on the web after some time :x

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 am 

Seeing as not many people have even heard of pi.gy I think that it will last quite a while, it's been around for at least a year since that's when I started using it.

Nice picture btw, did you take it yourself? ^-^

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:19 am 

Yes! I did. I was lucky enough to make a three day visit to Borneo and went on a night time jungle expedition - here are (some) more. Our guide showed us this bird - he said that every night he rests there and is not disturbed by the people. So I photographed it! With a flash of course, it didn't budge an inch. I could also send you a picture of the glowing eyes of crocodiles on a very damp river trip but it's not so impressive, although I was a bit concerned at the time thinking they might take a run at us - I didn't happen, I survived.

Brilliant image hosting website Jamie, thanks!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:57 pm 

@ Jamie - thanks for the link.
pi.gy works very easily.

I was trying to find pi.gy's terms of use & legalese, and couldn't - wonder why.
Like this:https://postimages.org/terms

I've always been troubled by this sort of thing:
"By downloading an image or copying other user-generated content (UGC) from PostImage, you agree that you do not claim any rights to it. The following conditions apply: ..." but once you post a photo online you pretty much sign off ownership, even if you've copyrighted it.

Do you know how to delete a pix once you've uploaded it????

On this side of the pond, they often say if you can't figure out how to do something on your computer, ask the nearest teenager. So true!

@Dave
Great photos!
My favorites (if you care): the absolutely stunning bird and the fabulous CU of the leaf; the rolling tide is pretty gorgeous too.
Oh and the Bornean orangutan (is that what it is?) - what's the 169 - a tattoo on her leg?

iMac (El Cap)
MacBook Pro (El Cap)
iPhone 6s
MBP (El Cap) [Mr H's]
PowerBook 170, (System 7.5) Works
iPod classic 160GB
2 Dell netbook hacks (10.6.7)
G4 Dual 450 (Tiger) Dead
G3 iBook (Tiger) Stiction Dead HD
MacPlus (System?) Too cute but dead

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:17 pm 

This 'ere below green ball thing is on my NAS. I have no idea how quickly it would serve a bigger image but it is an option to keep control. I don't have the copyright. I pinched it under "fair use" ;)

Link deleted

When I try and link to images on the public part of OneDrive, following MS' instructions, sites declare they can't determine the dimensions.

That image may vanish if I have a clear out and forget why it is there.

-edit- Image deleted. Co-incidentally, my connections kept freezing after I posted that. Gone now to test the theory.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:00 pm 

Board index » Couch