[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - 'I was charged £700 extra using contactless on the tube'
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:03 am 

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:12 am 

An interesting article especially as I am currently in London for the weekend. One question, why would you tap in the later tap out on a different device anyway? I can certainly agree about if you forget to tap out ( at certain stations with no barriers ) you can be charged the full amount.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:11 am 

I don't understand!?

I assume the tube is none other than the Chunnel, but do people camp out in there or what?

What could be happening to not tap out?

:oops: Oh wait, now I see "certain stations"... must be the Subway then... have a good laugh at me along with me... it was a strange nut fun pic I had of the other situation! :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:36 pm 

It's very easy to not tap out on the DLR. All other tube lines have barriers so you have no choice but to tap out with something.

Also, I imagine its very easy to tap out with another card ever since they introduced the ability to use ordinary contactless credit or debit cards.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:07 am 

As a regular tube user, I thought it was obvious. But then I’m a techie and I know how the system works. It’s also very easy to get a refund if you set up an account.

Board index » Couch