[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Amazon 'Key'
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post subject: Amazon 'Key'
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:57 pm 

I'd never heard of this until I saw a link on another forum... the idea is that you have a special lock that allows Amazon delivery folk to open your front door and leave your order inside. Assuming they have reported it accurately, seems to sum up the response any sane person should give to the idea.

Post subject: Re: Amazon 'Key'
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:35 pm 

They're getting lots of free Ads on the news here for that, of course no mention of ny drawbacks at all, only accolades. :(

I wonder how long before you don't even need to live there, Amazon will just check you refrigerator, shelves, dealers, throw out the old stuff & order/send you the latest greatest without ny control by you?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:19 am 

I don't even give a door key to my Mother so why the hell would I give one to Amazon?

Not a chance I will use that service.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:53 am 

If I couldn't have packages delivered to work, not only would I definitely use this service, but I would also buy more from Amazon.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:35 am 

There is always delivery to a pickup point. Or a friendly neighbour.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 am 

Wow, wha a great idea! What could go wrong? /s

So, if I have a package coming I have to turn off my security system, huh? If after doing that my place gets done I can imagine my insurance company will just laugh in my face. Also you’d need good liability insurance. If the UPS man hurts himself while in my house because, for example, the light switch on the wall is dodgy and I know not to touch it but he doesn’t will UPS sue me?

Finally what’s to stop criminals from getting hold of this “key”. I’m sure there will be a huge black market for a fake “key”

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:33 pm 

Having seen some of the dodgy looking characters who deliver my Amazon packages, I don't even want them looking in the house never mind giving them a key :o

White MacBook late 2007 - Snow Leopard iPhone 7 IPod Touch 2 Gen. iPad 6 Gen.
Nikon D5600 on

Board index » Couch