[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - Any Garmin Sat Nav Users Here?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:48 pm 

Just bought a new Garmin nuvi. Is there anyway I can use it connected to my MBP without Garmin Express taking over? I just want to use the Mac as a power source, but Garmin Express opens and I can't do anything.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:01 pm 

Well, I've sorted that, but the screen just shows that it's connected to a computer, and I still can't do anything with it.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:09 pm 

If you just want a power source but not computer access, why not use a USB 3-pin plug (like the one you have for your iPhone) and the Garmin cable?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:22 pm 

Ok. Hadn't thought of that, but no sockets near to the couch. Bit of a pain to dig out an extension.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:45 pm 

Have you tried ejecting the sat nav, quitting the app but leaving it plugged in? It should still charge if plugged in.

I never use my Garmin in the car without it being connected to a power source as the battery will only last about an hour before needing to be recharged.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:57 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:14 pm 

No surprise to be honest. Garmin Mac software is pretty crap.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:40 pm 

Get the extension lead or shift your ( ! ) of the couch :lol:

Not that I know what you want to do so that's all I had.

Board index » Couch