[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - UK ~ GB and NI and the EU (part 2)
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

In - Out - or Still Undecided
Poll ended at Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:45 pm
Remain in the EU 73%  73%  [ 16 ]
Leave the EU 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
Undecided 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 22

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:43 pm 

I voted to remain. The focus from the politicians has mainly been about money but there is a lot more to it than that.
2 years ago we were the worlds 4 largest economy ( I don't know where we are now) and I don't see how leaving would improve that.
No I don't like being told what to do by unelected bodies but that will remain so - house of Lords !
We should be working to bring down barriers not build walls.

As soon as someone mentions immigrants bringing wages down I get so annoyed. The ones bringing wages down are the business owners paying less.

We would have had a larger fishing fleet if the trawler conglomerates had not sold their quota to the damm foreigners.

Where are the likes of Cameron now ?
And as for the worm called farage taking our money to work in Europe but not attending many meetings or votes :twisted: Is he still European MP? riding the gravy train up the creak.

'If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people'
Tony Benn

l l

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:04 pm 

I voted leave and would vote leave again. There should never be another referendum on this (may be in the future to rejoin) as this is undemocratic and leaves the door open for all kinds of foolish things. What if I wasn't happy if labour won the election, could I demand another election until I got the result I wanted ?.

I cant believe the SNP up here are all up in arms making out that all of Scotland wanted to stay, ballocks, over 38% wanted to leave, thats a lot of people. What I cant believe is Sturgeon wanting another referendum as this could backfire on her. What if Scotland did vote to leave the UK ( I would not vote for that to happen), I could then again emend another referendum till I got the result I wanted.

You vote and hope you get the result you want, but in reality we get the result the country wanted again that's democracy.

One referendum, One vote, One result.

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:09 pm 

"Macintosh - We might not get everything right, but at least we knew the century was going to end." Douglas Adams.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:38 pm 

Nice one CD...

Well, many thanks to all for maintaining an utterly cool vybe in the thread.

Poll results, at time of this post, looking once again out of sync with reality.

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:24 pm 

Can I just add that the poll isn't an accurate account of the readers of this thread. Ill explain below my reasoning.

We have three types. type 1 will always vote leave as they have made their mind up (me), type 2 will vote stay as they have made their mind up too, type 3 that will listen to all the arguments and make their mind up. I will base my argument on the type 3 person. Since we voted to leave the brexiteers (as we are known) got what we wanted so have no reason to campaign. The remaners never got what they wanted, so for the past 2 years have still been campaigning to stay. Now if there was a new vote (defeats the term democracy) then both parties will start a campaign and the type 3 person will have informed information ( if there is ever any proper informed info in any politics) about the leave campaign which will make some of them change their minds and vote leave.

You dont chase the bus after you've caught it. The leavers caught their bus so have no reason to chase it. The retainers missed their bus so are still chasing it.

I mean no disrespect to any of the types mentioned above.

Gary.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:30 pm 

I'm not sure the Poll is wrong - it's just the running account of the three choices.

The Leave the EU vote has been won.

So I'm not suggesting we try to work that out again - I just wondered if anyone had now, in the light of the result to Leave, and the ongoing madness in Parliament, changed their mind.

But unless people post a reply as to their vote, we will never know.

Thanks for your input tho' skipper - Always a pleasure.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:33 pm 

The poll isn't wrong and I suppose it IS accurate at this point in time, but I think if we did have a new vote with both parties campaigning, the result might be different.

I should have started with a different headline.

Gary.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:35 pm 

Well, if there were a new Referendum, how do think the result would change?

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:01 pm 

Im not sure but I have heard all manner of stuff said to scare us. Take flying for instance as this is used in project fear. We have an agreement regarding flying and landing as this is not an EU thing but comes under some aviation agreement, otherwise no non EU flights would not be able to fly in or out of EU states. Also, if they did/could stop us flying then take Ireland (as their PM was taking about the UK and post Brexit flying or the not flying as he was stating), the Irish would only be able to holiday in Lanzarote as flying anywhere else they have to enter UK airspace, flying to the US even tough its not UK airspace is controlled by Uk air traffic controllers. But as stated above, this agreement is nothing to do with leaving.

TBH I now want a hard Brexit as its better than the one May is looking to get put through. We dont need to be part of the EU to survive. IBM was the EU and apple was the UK, look what happened there.

Gary.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:17 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:04 pm 

My sources must be misled. Still doesn’t change my mind over hard brexit. The EU has more to lose that us so if they make it hard for us post brexit I just hope we return the favour. All those EU airlines going bust because they can’t fly into the uk. Hope Ryan air are the first to go bust. Can’t think of any UK airline apart from BA. are easyJet British registered ?

Think of the 39 billion wed save as well :)

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:35 pm 

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:41 pm 

Well why does it not want us to leave then

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:43 pm 

Why does the EU need France. Germany. Poland. Spain. Italy. Ireland. Or any of the currant EU countries. If it needs them then it needs the UK. If it doesn’t need them then there is no use having an EU.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:37 pm 

I don't know that it needs any ONE country you mention, I also surmise that there is safety/strength in numbers.

I was hoping you might point out what the UK could offer that no other country could, & was vital to the survival of the "Union".

I'm sorry my query seems to have been taken as an affront, I was hoping more to learn something. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » Couch