[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - UK ~ GB and NI and the EU (part 2)
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

In - Out - or Still Undecided
Poll ended at Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:45 pm
Remain in the EU 73%  73%  [ 16 ]
Leave the EU 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
Undecided 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 22

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 pm 

Hi,

Knowing what we now know, that winning isn’t always a victory, would you like to have another chance?

Another Referendum; same question...

..(maybe they may fine tune the options, to explain that staying in the EU would result in being EXACTLY where we currently are in our relationship with the EU…

… and leaving would be on the current conditions the UK Gov have secured.)

So, anyone fancy a fresh go at a vote?

I have our own M4M Poll set up (see above) - anyone can vote, no need for a post but a few lines on your choice or non-choice would be welcome.

(Results of previous poll : )

Happy Christmas.

:)

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Last edited by jezza on Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:41 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:27 pm 

..and we are off.

Thanks for the votes in the Poll - But do leave a thought as to why you voted.

We love a nice friendly fireside debate over a few pints here.

I voted Stay, (I was Undecided in the last Poll here) .. mainly after watching and listening to two years of spiraling lunacy.

;)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:21 pm 

Leave and slam the door in their face. The EU are being bloody minded because they can't afford for us to leave, financially and politically.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:29 pm 

Out, completely, please. I voted against the Common Market back in the day. Then we were not given the chance to have a say in joining the EU gravy train bureaucracy, probably as we would have said 'no' at the time and the politicians wanted in, for what they could get out of it. I'm a tad miffed with MPs now who want to oppose even when their constituents want out. I'd also be miffed at MPs with the opposite situation. I also have a solution for NI if they don't want a border, but their politicians want to stay big noisy fish in their paddling pool and not re-unite (not that re-uniting is an easy solution and not at all a decision for li'l ol' me to make).

That is the short answer. I don't discuss politics so that's me done in this thread.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:32 pm 

Leave, leave, leave! Let us decide what we do, not a bunch of bureaucrats from other countries.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 am 

Remain.

Leaving will only benefit the very wealthy.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 am 

Us & them, it's what the fighting's all about.

Black and blue
And who knows which is which and who is who
Up and down
And in the end it's only round and round
"Haven't you heard it's a battle of words?"
The poster bearer cried
"Listen son", said the man with the gun
"There's room for you inside"

Down and out
It can't be helped but there's a lot of it about
With, without
And who'll deny it's what the fighting's all about?
Out of the way, it's a busy day
I've got things on my mind
For the want of the price of tea and a slice
The old man died.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:28 am 

Nice one BDAqua.

There was a few literary references in the last Poll/Thread ..

George Orwell and Rudyard Kipling.

Nice to see Richard Wright and Roger Waters getting some deserved attention.

And it contains the priceless line...'I mean good manners don't cost nothing do they, eh?'

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:39 am 

:D

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:43 pm 

I don’t believe we should use this lovely forum for political/religious etc debate. There are many other arenas where you can express your opinions on this contentious matter. No one will be persuaded or influenced either way by any strongly held views that are expressed.

I ask the Mods to lock or delete the post before someone gets offended.

Apple TV4
AirPods
plus several other Macs around the house

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:41 pm 

@davesoa - You could have PM'd that to a Mod rather than posted it here.

But as one Mod has already participated in the Thread, I would assume the Thread is ok.

Let me reassure you, the Poll is to see if there is any change from the last one I set up here. (See link in first post)

We had a nice chat last time and I'm hoping for the same again.

j

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:19 pm 

It’ll be ok if everyone is civil. If it gets unruly then it gets locked. That’s always been the mac4mac policy.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:42 pm 

That's a great policy and fortunately it's very rarely needed in this nicest and most civilised of forums!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:57 pm 

I voted remain, but I can see it both ways. The EU needs a big Reformation if we were to stay in. Which I guess would be a lot of hard work and wouldn't really achieve what everybody wanted. I'm not a politician so I wouldn't know if it's actually a viable possibility to improve the EU dramatically but I think they ought to give it a go! I would like to be European. It's impossible to know what it will be like if we actually leave! Until we do. Which I guess is going to happen. But I think it's a shame.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:38 pm 

Many thanks for the votes... sort of like last time really.

This, I found of interest, particularly if you work in this field...

Brexit is what happens when you approve a change request to move your firewall management in house, instead of renewing mgmt contract.

But you don’t know admin passwords, don’t own the firewalls, don’t know firewall rules, don’t know how to do it, and contract expires next week.

Found on Marcus Hutchins twitter feed - but originally from a chap called gossithedog - twitter

(I'm not on it, I just browsed his timeline.)

Nice analogy eh?

Keep the votes coming - With or without a post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Board index » Couch