[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4757: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
mac4mac.co.uk • View topic - General Election - an appeal
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Donate    Amazon Affiliate

Board index » Couch

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:20 pm 

If you are eligible to vote, please do it!

Who or what you decide to vote for is nobody else's business, but if you don't vote you can't really complain if it doesn't go your way. If you have voted and it doesn't go your way, then at least you've got a clear conscience when you have a good moan... :-)

As an aside: Just before the US election that gave us Trump, a friend in America said he wanted a box at the bottom for "None of the above" :D

Ideally, I would like to see this thread not descend into political arguments ;)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:41 pm 

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:19 pm 

My work as a social research interviewer is for both Kantar and Ipsos Mori. Ipsos are looking for volunteers to help with exit polls! I've put my name forward. Maybe they will ask me to do that.

I volunteered for somewhere in the South West, not sure if they will go with that, they'll probably want me to do it in Carlisle. As I have a postal vote I could do that as well as travel.

Would be nice perhaps to say at least I once did the exit poll for MORI, and this will be a significant election.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:25 am 

I believe that people who didn't vote were in the majority at the last election.

Not voting is a choice, not one I believe in, but unless there is a 'None of the above' option, how else can people register their feelings on politicians?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:21 pm 

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:18 pm 

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:04 am 

A friend sent me this,

“Time to remember the best voting advice I ever heard: voting isn’t marriage, it’s public transport. You’re not waiting for “the one” who’s absolutely perfect: you’re getting the bus, and if there isn’t one to your destination, you don’t not travel - you take the one going closest.”

IMac 21.5 May 2010 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Memory 8 GB 1067 MHx DDR3 Sierra 10.12.6, Snow Lepard 10.6.8.
iPad Air2 11.1.1
iPhone 4S 9.3.5
iPad Air

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:46 am 

That is a very insightful way to think about it Dennis! That's good.

And if I do come your way, sure I'll drop round - I'll give you a call first of course, well it'd be a PM I guess.
The chances are they won't send me to the south-west to do an exit poll. It's too much expense and I live in Cumbria so why not get me to do it in Cumbria? But thanks for the invite!

Maybe I'll get a crime survey in the Southwest - I'm doing a lot of crime survey jobs in different parts of the country at the moment for Kantar, that's the best job I have now but the south-west is conspicuously absent in offers. It's usually the Midlands or the south-east that I have to visit.

Cheers.

Back to topic: I will vote.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:36 pm 

Love that Dennis! :)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:19 am 

Bump.. !

I'm either going to walk up to the Village Hall to put my X in the box, or drive if the rain continues.

No buses on this road.

Or I might cadge a lift from my neighbour.

(I would be banged up in an office elsewhere today but I have the foulest of colds.. a real grim, hacking, snotty - wheezy one. Like in films about 12thC plagues)

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:11 am 

I walked to my polling station in light rain. I can now complain as much as i like, depending on the outcome, of course.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:56 am 

I sent in my postal vote last week.
I think the next few years are going to be bad what ever the outcome of todays election.

MacPro (2010) quad core macOS 10.15.7
13" (2011) Macbookpro OSX 10.10.3
15" (2017) Macbookpro OS 13.3
iPhone 11 iOS16
Original iPad wifi

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:02 am 

Phew... well that was fun.

When's the next one .. :?:

UNLOCK .. !

Your warning level: [ 1 ]

Board index » Couch